University of Georgia Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I read on the UGA blog that there will be earlier notifications of RD applicants who “would have been accepted” had they applied EA. And maybe a few EA applicants who didn’t have their information/application complete at the time of EA.

It is a bit frustrating to be an OOS applicant who managed to exceed the UGA stats, get their information in on time for EA AND really want to attend - only to be deferred :cry: Fingers crossed for RD!

Interesting. I did not think those decisions had come out yet per the UGA admissions blog. They will announce in the comments when they do. I just checked the blog and the admissions office said they would be announcing the date of February release soon, and they said that yesterday so who knows!

2 Likes

Does anyone know the dates of release for deferred students? Is it random or are there specific releases?

I think if you don’t make the group in February, then you are let know when all the RDs are notified – roughly the end of March or April 1st.

March 18th - This link has all dates.

1 Like

1 Like

will honors college decisions be released at the same time?

1 Like

No. That is a totally separate department. Someone asked that on the blog and he said you need to ask Honors.

I will say that this Admissions department is clearly the most communicative and deadline driven one of the schools we applied to.

Maybe this is why it is rising in rankings and stature?

3 Likes

When is RD supposed to be coming out?

Per screenshot in post #226, March 17. You can find time of release in post #227.

1 Like

Cross posting

I was hoping for some assistance from anyone who’s been through the Graphic Design application process and portfolio review or has knowledge of it. I visited campus for the first time this week and loved the school. I was accepted as a Pre-Art major with an intended concentration in GD. We walked over to the Dodd School of Art after our official tour and spoke to someone at the front desk in the GD department. Maybe she was having a bad day but she wasn’t very friendly, even after we introduced ourselves and apologized if we were interrupting her day. She immediately said “sorry, no tours today” even though we had not asked her any questions. After asking several times about the GD evaluation criteria, she mentioned that the GD program accepts less than 50% of (18 of around 45) applicants, mainly because there just isn’t enough room to include everyone. She also told us that I can apply at the end of my freshman year. My mom and dad asked a few more questions but she didn’t offer much more than that in terms of how the process works nor did she offer to put us in touch with someone who might know more. She seemed more interested in looking at her computer than interacting with us. Not a great way to sell the program IMHO. I emailed the department chair on our ride home and haven’t heard back. Hard to find info online so figured I would ask here.

After the campus tour, UGA shot to the top of my list. But I have no desire to attend a school for 1 and 1/2 years only to find I am not able to pursue the degree I am interested in. Trying not to let our interaction with a representative from the department impact my view of the school since the rest of my experience was awesome, but it’s hard considering she was the only person we spoke to.

1 Like

Maybe you can fill this out and ask for a zoom with an adviser. You can also ask admissions or your counselor for help in setting up a meeting with the right person in the department.

The person you spoke with likely wasn’t the right person anyway.

2 Likes

Second the recommendation to contact the school directly and/or contact admissions. Often people at the front desk are not the right people to answer these questions. Anytime there’s a secondary admission, it’s important to know what the admissions qualifications are, percentage of applicants admitted, how many times you can apply for admission, alternatives if you don’t get admitted to that major, etc. Front desk staff are often clerical in nature and I’m not sure they would know or understand the ins and outs of the application process. Sometimes they’re even students with no insider info at all!

Yes. This is the form we filled out to contact the department chair/advisor.

Agree. We’ve reached out to the department and waiting to hear back. Mine was just an observation on how they present themselves to potential students.

1 Like

If you 100% want to be in graphic arts, you should find a school where you can be direct admit.

There are hopefully other colleges you got into but there are others you can still apply to that wouldn’t be dissimilar to UGA.

If you are open to other majors should it not work out, then UGA would be ok.

Asking again to be specific… Has anyone been through the application process at UGA for Graphic Design and would be willing to share their experience? Prefer to hear from current or former students.

Thank you in advance…

I would post that question on the UGA Reddit. That is populated by current and past students vs applicants and parents and probably more likely to get you the information you want.

2 Likes