University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

Level of disorganization at this school is a bit unsettling. Hopefully once admitted things are more smooth.

1 Like

I am able to login without any problems

2 Likes

What exactly is the disorganization?

1 Like

No advance notification of date and time like other schools; past years not reviewing a bunch of EA apps, etc.

1 Like

Umich, Northeastern, and a bunch of other popular schools don’t provide advance notice either. I wish they all did - would reduce student anxiety. But not announcing in advance isn’t unique to UMD.

Yes, this is on UMD for not communicating better. Essentially these were apps that were not complete as of 11/1 for some reason of the other. These get rolled over to RD, but the school should inform the applicants.

2 Likes

i thought we were almost sure the decisions would come out today since the bus went on the tour on Sunday? i don’t want to wait any longer :((((((

3 Likes

Decisions usually come out after 5pm.

2 Likes

They’ve said all along it would be Feb 1. Remember they are processing over 50K applications. Be careful about extrapolating a fraction of percent subset and drawing conclusions.

That being said it’s a State Institution, and like most state run institutions it is a model of inefficiencies and head scratching procedures!

1 Like

I’m ok with feb 1st deadline but just would like them to state it officially that’s the date of release- by now they prob have some kind of have an idea if and when the decisions will be released.

1 Like

While it could be Feb 1st, to be clear, they said BY Feb 1st.

2 Likes

So weird we called last week admissions and they said more than likely next week. Oh well. We will wait.

1 Like

by more than likely, you mean this week?

we also need to take into consideration that we are all probably talking with different admissions reps so maybe they don’t exactly know themselves?!? I’m assuming it takes a while to upload everything to the portals considering how many applicants they are receiving

1 Like

Guys remember that BY February 1st doesn’t mean ON February 1st.

3 Likes

Wait! Why is everyone suddenly thinking it’s not going to be today?

You have past history plus the Terp Bus tour pointing to a release today - vs 1 post from a first time poster indicating Feb 1.

2 Likes

do you guys know if they notify via email if there a status update? or is it only on social media?

The call center is manned by temp workers and students, not admissions officers. Their standard response is going to be “by Feb 1st.”

6 Likes

Both

i really hope the release is today. i mean I know that for YEARS the Terps Tour has indicated that decisions are coming out that week and they historically release on Fridays. Really hoping its today :slight_smile:

Do decisions come out in waves over a couple hours or all at the same time?

2 Likes

According to their insta, they will send an email once decisions are posted. But based on other schools, this sometimes lags a few hours

2 Likes

They’re released all at once.