University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Cane link will be down for “maintenance” Saturday night.

Also, at the bottom of the page under admissions, when it shows my applications with a green dot meaning complete, what does that mean? I’m too scared to click on it but I know that that wasn’t there before?

No green dot here unless you count the period after This app is complete.

@gchick143 I am also a mom and agree with the other mom that I don’t see a problem with you getting in. Your stats are really strong. I think that we are seeing some amazing stats for the students that got the scholarship interview invite but I think that is a really small and select group…as it should be if the scholarships are full full rides! Some of you that didn’t get the scholarship invite still have amazing stats and I bet you get some kind of money, but I can’t be sure. Every year is different.

@gchick143‌ the only thing I can’t comment on is the competitiveness of the music program. I know UM has an amazing music department so maybe it will depend on who else auditioned? I can’t imagine your academic stats (even with those B’s and transcript concerns you have which don’t sound like a big deal to me at all) will be an issue for admission at all. Can you be admitted to liberal arts if for some reason you can’t get in as a music major? I bet you do though because it sounds like your audition was fabulous! Good luck and I think you will be fine!

Good luck to everyone else, you all have amazing stats!

The maintenance might not have anything to do with admission results because enrolled university of miami students also use it. I’m really surprised that they haven’t been more specific though, as most colleges email applicants the exact date and time decisions will be released.

They will email when decisions are ready. My $ is on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I really don’t think that the maintenance has anything to do with it… Perhaps we will know on Monday…?

@collegemomjam‌ yes, the university can admit someone who makes it in during the admissions process even though the school of music does not accept you. I know my audition went really well! It was like 5 minutes longer than it was supposed to, they let me play all my music and I think they liked me…and I’m not really worried about that so much! :slight_smile: More so for my academics but thank you so much!

Also, for everybody, my friend told me that maybe they’re closing canelink for “maintenance” to post up the decisions so that nobody sees them? So they all show up at the same time? What do you think?

And @al3xisnic0le‌ where exactly does this green dot appear? I have no clue what you’re talking about! :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone should email UM and ask them if the admissions decisions will be posted before or after the maintenance.

@Imbencope‌ good idea!

I e-mailed my admissions counselor and she said to keep checking the communications center on canelink for the decision. She said it will be February 9th at the latest.

I just called the office and the girl told me it will be posted by February 10th she’s not sure what time.

Omg but wait can’t we receive it in the mail beforehand??

So looks like we have some more waiting to do

I don’t know about that @gchick143‌, you should call and ask if we can receive it before that!

Ok @Mfrias‌, hahah I will!

Honest to goodness I’ve heard that we hear tomorrow, Friday, next Monday, and next Tuesday so I don’t think anyone really knows when these decisions are coming out. We all need to breathe and just wait, me included cus I’m absolutely freaking out. I know it doesn’t help at all when people say this, but whatever is gona happen is gona happen whether or not we stress out right now waiting so we should all just band together and try to keep each other calm not freak each other out

It’s true. We should all just work on our swimsuit bodies in preparation for living in Miami. They’ll be here soon enough, and we’ve already waited this long.

@gchick143‌ ok what did they say!? And also ask the date and see if the people in the admissions office have the same date

I just called and they said by February 10 we will know. Also I asked if we could receive it in the mail and she said it’s possible you could get it before the 10th. She sounded like she didn’t wanna talk about it, lol ._.