University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

<p>An official thread hasn't been made yet (or not that I know of) so here it is! Let us know how well you fared. Good luck to all of you!</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted
Decision: Waitlisted
Decision: Rejected</p>

<p>Applied to which school/college:</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown):
ACT:
SAT II:
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0):
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):
AP (place score in parenthesis):
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load:
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.):</p>

<p>Subjective:</p>

<p>Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis):
Job/Work Experience:
Volunteer/Community service:
Summer Activities:
Essays (rating 1-10, details):
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details):</p>

<p>Teacher Rec #1:
Teacher Rec #2:
Counselor Rec:
Additional Rec:
Interview:</p>

<p>Other</p>

<p>State (if domestic applicant):
Country (if international applicant):
School Type:
Ethnicity:
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):</p>

<p>Reflection</p>

<p>Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected:
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected:</p>

<p>General Comments:</p>

<p>[/noparse]</p>

<p>Oh and obviously take out the noparse when you post</p>

<p>Don’t expect these until Feb?</p>

<p>Is is February for early action too? Shoot I was thinking December with my other EA schools.</p>

<p>Early Decision will be out in December … Early Action will be out in February … I was just at the school Nov 14th and spoke with an admission officer. I applied early action and was hoping it would much sooner since I have already been accepted at Penn State and just really want to make a decision. </p>

<p>Accepted LSA
ACT - 29 31/reading 28/math 30/english 27/science english/writing combo 30
Essay 10
GPA 3.81 unweighted 5.6 weighted
Rank 88% or 14/123
37 high school class 15 of which were either AP or Duel Enrollment
Senior course load: DE ENG 1101, 1102 - DE Geology, DE Oceanography, Physics, AP Stats,
AP US Government, AP Microeconomics, Honors Water Safety
3 writing awards - 1 regional, 1 spanish award , 1 math award - AP scholars</p>

<p>4 internships
4 years working with 1 nonprofit over 1300 hours - working with children with disabilities
Best Buddies 2 years
Toastmaster International leadership course</p>

<p>4 leadership clubs
3 honor society
Posse Foundation Semi Finalist
2 sports teams
4 years working as babysitter</p>

<p>Recommendations (2) 10
Florida
Nationally ranked in top 100 public magnet high school
Female
Hook: Legacy</p>

<p>Probably got in due to extensive community service and legacy.
Applied to Ross and LSA - got LSA
Accepted: Babson College, Fordham University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Denver, Florida State University so far.</p>

<p>@candycane222 Haha, wrong thread? This one’s for the University of Miami. I have another thread for U of Mich though. Congrats on your acceptance though!</p>

<p>Does anyone know exactly when in February we will be notified for EA? I’m not sure if it’s Feb. 1 or later that month…</p>

<p>Feb 5 last year </p>

<p>Ok thank you @Cshecmia </p>

I got an early notification acceptance with $14,000/year
30 ACT
4.0 UW GPA

@edcvfr‌ Can you tell us a little more about this? It is possible but I would think at least one other person would have posted also.

@StagNation‌ Wrong Miami, sorry!

I applied early action. So nervous!

@branbran2015‌ yea same…does anyone else still have a ‘missing transcript’ message even though they’ve sent everything??

I had that message for a while, even though I sent everything. Now it’s saying I have outstanding Financial Aid info. Maybe it’s a lot of apps coming in and they’re having a hard time processing everything.

Where is everyone looking for their updates? On Cane Link under “student admissions”?

Yes, and you can also go to the Student Center to find other messages/to do lists.

This CaneLink situation is really stressing me out though…I still have the ‘missing transcript’ message after over 2 MONTHS, and I’ve even sent them a couple of emails about this to no avail. I used the Common App and everything, applied on time for EA, all the other schools got my transcript…should I be stressing or will Miami’s admissions office get their stuff together anytime soon???

Did you try contacting your regional admissions counselor? They might get back faster than the general admissions email address.