University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

@JPruneski8 I am college of engineering too. So funny to think this school is so small we all probably will run into each other if we are accepted and go to U of Miami.

Everyone’s stats have me so nervous! I have a very similar GPA to those who have already been accepted, strong LOR’s, a good essay, strong ECs (I volunteer A LOT and have a job), but my SAT isn’t as great as all of yours!!! Congrats to everyone who got the S/S! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I know right these people’s stats are soooo amazing! Congrats to everyone!

Can someone pretty please chance me?? I had transcript problems but I need some reassurance please! I’ve been sooo nervous about this – thank you!!! http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1735328-chances-for-um-pleaseee-im-kind-of-freaking-out.html

I absolutely don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t get in @gchick143 . Nothing’s for certain of course, but I have faith in you!

@creative5547‌ thank you so much! ^.^

Got the invitation for scholarships

stats
act - 36
sat - 1600/2360
gpa - 4.0 uw / 5.12 w
10+ ap classes

@gchick143 - I’m just a mom with no experience in admissions, but I would take you! Your stats are really strong! I think all the schools have some sort of “equalizer” looking at grades b/c there are a million and one weighting systems out there. My guess is that your strong unweighted is what matters :->! And you have a great (and meaningful) list of ECs. Way to go - you will be fine!!

Wait people are getting decisions already?

@kmilo0828‌ People are getting Singer/Stamps invitations indicating that they would then be admitted. It’s an inference, and a correct one that they would be accepted. But decisions for people without the top scholarship invitation are not out.

Oh ok thank you. Any idea when those might be out?

February 6 was the day it sounded like, but previous years have apparently indicated that decisions come out about 2 days after the scholarship invitations, so maybe 2 days from now. No more than a week.

35 ACT, 4.65 GPA, no Stamps invite. Whatevs.

I don’t get it I have a 35 ACT composite but no invite either. Do they tend to bias against Indian Asians for these types of scholarships? I’m completely stumped as to how I could have made my application any better to receive an invite to the program.

Hah, my best friend is as white as it gets and they picked her… But I really don’t think so. I think they truly look at everyone holistically.

Hey, does anyone see the “maintenance” notification on their canelink? Will be down during the night between Feb 7 and Feb 8. I wonder what that means??

Yeah, I doubt they bias against Indian Asians. It was probably a chance thing as well, like Ivy League admissions. I’m not worried though, just brush it off and move on.

There are many excellent scholarships that will still be offered besides stamps/singer no worries.

Yep looks like it will be Sunday for admissions.

What do you mean @Cshecmia‌ ??

And anyone think we can receive it in the mail beforehand?

@Cshecmia what makes you say Sunday? Just curious since Sunday is an off day? Thanks!