University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Thanks, yes I just emailed him.

I’ve also been having a lot of trouble contacting the admissions office as my TOEFL score requirement wasn’t waived (I’m a native English speaker). I guess I’ll try contact my regional admissions counselor.

@IVCUSA11 @branbran2015 same here

Somebody please help!! I am an international student and have applied to your university (Early Action) for the undergraduate architecture programme. A few months back I had received an email confirming that my portfolio has been received by admissions. However, on my cane link profile it states that my application is incomplete as my portfolio has not been received. I have emailed admissions like about 50 TIMES! And no one seems to give a shit! IM REALLLY FREAKING OUTT!!!

@RtotheB‌ Im international too, and I also emailed several times with not a single response. I’m getting the impression that Miami’s admissions office is just really unorganized…so I’m not sure what you should do about that. At this point I would just call them directly and see what’s up, but I’m basically on the same boat. Apparently I’m ‘missing a transcript’.

Does anyone have any idea how much Miami takes into consideration things other than your GPA and SAT? Like if your numbers are a bit off, but you have good extracurriculars do you still have a chance?
Also, how heavily do they weight an essay?
And finally,
Do they take into consideration circumstances such as family obligations that prevented you from participating in certain activities, etc…?

Anybody else get the financial email?

I just got another notification on my CaneLink about financial aid documents – I submitted the FAFSA and CSS the first week of January, and CaneLink says that my FAFSA is “initiated” … does anyone know what this means?

I got the outstanding financial info email too but I actually haven’t sent in any of those forms in yet :open_mouth: I submitted last year’s fafsa accidentally lol

Does anyone know the release date for EA! At this point it is not even early I will be hearing from my regular schools in a month!!

Feb 5 last year

@soccergirl9897 haha so true. EA to U Miami isn’t really even EA anymore given their reply date

@swimchic10 @ctangel I keep getting the outstanding financial aid docs even though I submitted everything and it still says initiated.

I actually emailed the Office of Financial Assistance the other day and they replied yesterday saying that they don’t open everything until February, so it will remain as outstanding until they actually review it. I guess that explains it! @ctangel @calicash

Been waiting for months to hear my EA decision. I’m guessing Feb 1st is the day but I hope it can come sooner

Guys they will tell us our admission decision on feb 20th…it’s mentioned in cane link

What? For EA? Where? I don’t see it.

@Cshecmia It says so on the to do list.

EDIT: It could be the 20th just for international students though.

Mine does not say anything. Although Miami is my first choice I find there admission process … length of time for EA … How web site is set up to check status … terrible compared to my other schools.

Am I the only one freaking out cus we hear back in less than 2 weeks?