University of Miami Class of 2019 Early Action Results

Nope! You’re not the only one! I’m so scared I cant even handle it.

I’m also freaking out. Does anyone know for sure if the decision will be released on Feb. 20th or is that just for international students?

Because Feb. 20th is definitely not early February…

Who’s ready to PARTAYYY at Miami? Joking of course, education comes first :stuck_out_tongue:

When I did my tour on Nov 15th one of the head admission officers had to do the lecture info session because the regular girl was out sick … he said ED was going to be out in December! And EA in February … I have not heard anyone from ED hearing … have you? It makes me think the whole thing is running really far behind and we might not even hear in February. Has anyone heard of a ED applicant hearing back yet? He said they were reviewing them when I was there in NOV!

I’m sure the ED decisions have been released. It’s just that maybe not many people applied ED to Miami and/or the kids that did apply ED are not active on CC.

EDIT: Just snooped around on Twitter and it appears that ED decisions for U Miami were released on December 5.

I believe ED decisions for Miami U (Ohio) were in December. Not U Miami.

ED results were released mid-December. There is a Facebook group with all of the incoming freshman that have been accepted.

My guess is EA results will come out February 6th. Last year’s EA results were out February 5th

Ahhh! Thank you! If forgot Miami had both ED and EA!!!

Yah my friend applied early decision and she heard the first week of december

Well I’ve read that they might come out midnight of Feb 1 but its not official. Some of my friends who heard for early decision found out midnight of december 15 but also really early december (like december 5?) on canelink. So it could be really early this time around

I am sooooo nervous for decisions to come out! I hope its before Feb 20th…Also, where do you guys think the decisions will be once they’re out? One school I applied to sent an email linking to the applicant portal which further linked to the admission decision…Do you think UM will be like that? Or will we have to repeatedly check throughout early Feb?

Also, thanks to whoever made this thread. I’ve been looking for one FOREVER!

I am currently a freshmen at UM. For those of you who are upper tier and in consideration for the Stamps/Singer merit scholarships, the weekends have been announced. They are as follows:

Friday/Saturday February 27/28 --> Stamps & Singer Scholarship
Friday/Saturday March 20/21–> Stamps & Singer Scholarship
Friday/Saturday March 27/28–> Singer Scholarship

If anyone has any questions about life at UM, academics, Foote Fellowship, or the scholarship weekends just let me know. I attended the first weekend last year.

When are invitations to interview for these scholarships sent out?

Thanks!

My friend called UM today and they said that decisions come out next week, but there isn’t a specific day set for them to be released

In the past few years they have come out on the first Friday in Feb around 5 PM. Good luck!!

@MzJCricket‌ I actually got mine last year before I received my actual acceptance letter/notification on canelink. I received my notification on February 3rd about the scholarship. I also remember that the actual acceptances came out about a week after they were originally supposed to, which was a bit frustrating obviously. Hang in there!

I just called into UMiami. They told me that they’re aiming for next Friday, February 6th, as a release date for Early Action candidates. I was also told that they’re planning on releasing merit scholarship information along with the decisions.

So we could know next week if S is invited to one of those weekends?

What type of stats does one typically need to qualify for a UMiami scholarship? if i have a 93 gpa and a 2060 sat would i not qualify?