University of Miami Class of 2024

Deffered EA
GPA 100.7 W
Business Major
Green dot at last minute
Waitlist

Got the green dot and then status changed to Waitlist, then received letter
had already committed to another school about 2 weeks ago, just curious if admitted or not.

Waitlisted with a 1420 SAT. Took 8 APS in total.

Accepted from IL
Arts & Science - Computer Science
1500 SAT
4.0 GPA
Applied only RD
President’s Scholarship - 20k per year (Net Price Calculator showed anywhere from $23-26k per year)

When will we be notified if we received any merit?

it should be in the acceptance letter

When does financial aid come out for spring admissions?

Financial aid will show up in message box shortly. It’s very confusing. Need to go to top and hit menu drop down and look for “awards.”

Son received Presidential Scholarship which when combined with Bright Futures scholarship makes The U affordable.

4/4.8 GPA
8 AP/4 DE
35 ACT
800 Math II
800 Chem
Marine science research internship

DD waitlisted after deferral from EA but wasn’t towards the top of her list anyway since no B.A. program in dance & it’s a very expensive school. Plus we never even visited. But what I’m now wondering is–does anyone get rejected from this school or have they just not released those yet? Did anyone get rejected from EA or just deferred? (BTW FWIW we did get the green dot within 10 mins of the decision dropping.)

D just rejected RD. Her green dot showed up 20 min ago and when she checked her mobile application status, it said canceled. She applied for MT (an extremely competitive program). Bummer! :frowning:

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive financial aid if I had some incomplete documents?

accepted! says financial aid should be ready, but it’s not there? anyone else having this problem?

Waitlisted, Massachusetts, RD, Finance

33 ACT
3.7 UW, 5.2 W
17 honors, 3 APs
2 Sport varsity athlete, lots of ECs, work experience, etc

I’m honestly really confused. I called admissions to appeal the waitlist which you apparently can’t do?? Just shocked.

Anyone know the waitlist chances?

Accepted for spring 2021 semester
1260 SAT
4.0 GPA
Top 5% of class
Anyone else admitted spring semester?

Found the scholarship money it’s in awards under the finance section!

Waitlisted with Green Dot since Sunday
Nursing Major
1360 SAT
3.9 GPA
4 AP’s (Human Geo, Bio, Chem, Psych)
Top 5% of my very high ranked school
Very good recs, Good essay
Accepted: USC, Northeastern, UMass, UF, MSU, Penn State
Waitlisted: Michigan, UMiami
Rejected: none
Guess somethings aren’t meant to be

Waitlisted, NJ, RD, Public Health
29 ACT 1330 SAT
3.3 UW
4-year Varsity athlete, lots of ECS, an internship with local sheriff’s office, 900+ community service hours

S 20 (#1) accepted college of arts and sciences. act 30 4.0 uw gpa

@juliamcandrew I was