University of Miami Class of 2024

Anything new? Haven’t anyone called them recently?

@ProtonAgent Nope haven’t heard anything and I think today is the last day to get off the waitlist

I don’t think we have a chance to make it, we know what does it mean to stay on the waitlist till now. @livsteez

I am not being hopeless but universities take students off the waitlist before the deadline, I haven’t heard of anyone getting off the waitlist at the last moment.

So sad that Umiami was my last chance for a U.S undergraduate study opportunity :’)
I am staying in my developing country for at least five more years.

@ProtonAgent يزميلى متزعلش نفسك يزميلى،،،،، كلو رايح

@ProtonAgent Yea I get it sadly. I’m sorry to hear that do you have a backup option you can go to?

( @livsteez | @ProtonAgent )

What about transfer students? If we have not heard anything by now then we can expect a rejection?

@livsteez I had two backup options > Bucknell and NYU > RD > waitlisted > rejected. I’m attending a national college anyway, just not the one I’ve dreamt of but it’s okay. Life has gone crazy this year; it’s just the millionth bullet.

What about you?

@Collegiate_Learner I have no idea; I recommend checking the university website—the deadlines section. If it says “we will let you know no later than 6/15”, so be it.

@ProtonAgent yeah I committed to uga as my 2nd option so I’m going there. maybe you can transfer in the spring I think it’s easier to get in that way

@Wenzor I am also graduating with an AA degree. Did all of your credits transfer to UM? Thanks.

I’m an international student and I want to transfer to UM for the Spring of 2021. I did a full year of college back in my country and I got a 3.21 GPA… (30 credits). In high school, I got a 2.72 GPA (but I don’t think they care about that score anymore since already enrolled in a full year of college). Do I have good chances of getting in? I also have good extracurriculars, a nice letter of recommendation from a teacher from high school, and a kinda impressive work experience for someone my age. My overall grade through college has been a B. What are your thoughts? Thank you so much for your help.

Hi, what date did he find out his decision? Nevermind

@fifanto365 When you apply ED, you relinquish any FA decisions as a part of your decision. It means you commit to the school, if accepted, regardless of FA. It also states that upon acceptance, one must withdraw all other applications. Your student (and you) signed this agreement. There are many competitive students whom this is also a first choice for that chose not to apply ED specifically for this reason, as hard as that decision was. It is not fair to those students that some many apply ED when they really do not intend to enroll unless the money is there. It is not the purpose of ED, and it is an abuse of the system.

It is simply not true that you relinquish any FA decisions by applying ED. Directly from the ED agreement, "Should a student who applies for financial aid not be offered an award that makes attendance possible, the student may decline the offer of admission and be released from the Early Decision commitment. "