University of Miami EA Class of 2025

A couple days ago when you looked it up (and before) it showed 31.8 now if you look it up it shows 21.1

1 Like

Sorry shouldā€™ve explained better

Where did you look it up?

I just looked up university of Miami acceptance rate and I remember the old one
https://www.google.com/search?q=u+miami+acceptance+rate&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

But the year didnā€™t update so who knows

@user_365689 That acceptance rate update has nothing to do with anything. Note that the link is to US News, not U Miami. That is merely US News updating their links, for all colleges, not school-specific. Moreover, itā€™s still old data.

Googleā€™s top hit, from US News, pulls from the IPEDS database, for which the most recent data is for class of 2023. For more recent info, you can typically find the rate for class of 2024 by looking directly at the class profile on the collegeā€™s website.

@PH

Where do you see the acceptance rate update? Is it for 2021 or 2020?

To be clear, the rate linked by @user_365689 , the updated one, would be from high school class of 2019/college class of 2023. (Old.)

2 Likes

I just checked as well. I applied to 25 schools and almost every school has downloaded my mid year even the ones I have already been accepted to EXCEPT Miami!

Why did you apply to 25 schools?

I applied to 35. Does it matter?

6 Likes

Wait so are we thinking not until Thursday or Friday 2-5pm EST?

@jaimedavis5 When did your semester end? Our ends this week, which seems later than other districts, so that the first half-year grades wonā€™t help us out for EA.

All guesses and speculation based on previous years. Remember that this year is wildly different.

The only thing the U has ever said is ā€œlate January/early Februaryā€

2 Likes

my semester ended first week of january and we received our midyear reports about a week and a half later.

1 Like

What will the applicant portal look like when the decisions are posted? I just want to know what to look for when checking my portal.

2 Likes

Good question and are there any nuances to look for leading up to decision? :face_with_monocle:

Hi user24601ā€¦ I got accepted to UM last month(ED). When you open the portal, the decision would be seen on top of the page itself like ā€œ Congratulationsā€¦ā€. Wonā€™t miss it!! Goodluck to allšŸ‘

2 Likes

my portal just glitched with a 401 error so Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s a sign

4 Likes

what time did your results come out?

Oh and last year people could log into UM cane portal for admitted students. But I havenā€™t tried so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s glitching this year as well

1 Like

can u change major?