University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Did no one get rejected? Seems like everyone deferred or accepted

did anyone get rejected??? seems like everyone got defferedā€¦

If you are deferred does that mean it is unlikely that you will get a scholarship for RD

What is that???

we have a friend who got into michigan and rejected from miami ā€“ so you never know

Congrats to everyone who got in! When deferred, I assume it goes into the RD pool ā€“ when do those come out?

Iā€™m sorry man. Thatā€™s what happens when I school tries to yield protect for no reason. Honestly furious. I probably wouldnā€™t have went here but the fact I got into Richmond and deferred from Miami is hilarious.

1 Like

I said it above

Yield protection is so frustrating lmao. I get why they do it but like ā€“

What is yield protect

i got in!!! feeling blessed

2 Likes

DS got into Biomedical Engineering. No word in letter about merit money. Will check later.

Iā€™ll summarize it again. They defer over achieving applicants because they think you are using them as a safety.

1 Like

ā€œYield protection is an admissions practice where a university or academic institution rejects or wait-lists highly qualified students on the grounds that such students are bound to be accepted by more prestigious universities or programs.ā€

1 Like

hearing tons of deferrals

I had to scroll down to check. There is a separate financial aid/scholarship letter. I thought I got nothing too but I actually got the Presidential scholarship! I wasnā€™t a finalist or anything either so I was shocked.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted.
OOS CA
W: 4.5
10 APā€™s
No test scores

Zero scholarship though. Seems like she would have been offered some $$.

My D said sheā€™s going to Penn State Smeal! Go where the college loves you backšŸ˜€

1 Like

the scholarship info should be in one of the 'financial aid letterā€™s that are linked at the bottom of the app status page, for those who were asking!!!

deferral. 34 act/ 4.38 gpa, varsity sports all 4 years, volunteering & work experiences. I did turn in all the financial forms in super late though

Deferred
3.8 UW 4.5 W
34 ACT
OOS ( I had a personal zoom call with my AO too)
Did they yield protect or something?