University of Miami Early Action 2026

You know more than I do about it. I believe you. As far as merit, I was not speaking specifically about Miami. So, if you say, they are on a set amount, I’m sure that’s the case.

1 Like

I believe they sent the EDII email to everyone. Miami is moderately selective (~30% acceptance rate, right?) I was admitted into Notre Dame and some other selective schools, having state level leadership and a bunch of state awards, my own business, and a ton of leadership, top 2% of my class, 34 ACT. I applied EA and got the email to switch to EDII.

Not saying I am going to be accepted, but I would consider myself a strong candidate? Above, it seems that most of you seem to think that people got the email to switch are not strong candidates for admission? I would have to respectfully disagree.

UM yield protects so higher stats does not necessarily mean more likely acceptance. ED communicated commitment and protects their yield rate. If you look at prior years CC High stat students are always surprised when they get rejected- but definitely happens. Good luck to all!

1 Like

Yep, I could definitely be rejected, that is true. However, I feel that most of the time the high stat kids are usually deferred and then rejected when they apply EA rather than outright rejected. I will update in February or whenever the decisions release. Still don’t think the amount of people here responding if they got the email to switch to ED 2 is reflective of the pool, seems to be a biased sample and there are only 23 total responses (and not every one is related to the email) so I feel that it is hard to draw valid conclusions. We’ll see though!

1 Like

I agree that of mist likely went to all. Maybe those who didn’t receive went to spam.

2 Likes

yep

For the sake of accuracy and comparison, Tulane neither accepts 70% of its ED applicants nor fills 70% of its incoming class via ED. The most recent CDS shows that Tulane’s ED acceptance rate was 23% and (assuming 100% of accepted ED applicants enrolled) that it filled 51% if its class via ED. For comparison, Miami accepted 61% of its ED applicants and filled 35% of its class via ED.

1 Like

Hi there. The 70% was Tulane’s words on our visit. I didn’t check it for accuracy, but thanks for pointing it out. I wonder why they would exaggerate. Oh well, not important now, but if that is the case for Miami, I’d than I guess ED does give you a much better shot.

1 Like

so what is everyone thinking for a release date, Jan 28?

1 Like

No clue

Just got email that says by end of January.

3 Likes

My daughter did not get this email. We searched SPAM and other, and went onto the portal. So, not everyone got the email. We did get an email recently stating we would hear by the end of the month. UMiami is in her top five choices, so hoping for good news.

Can we get an exact date here on this? can someone find out when its coming out…

3 Likes

Feb 1st - EA decisions

I dont know what time tho

Where did you see this information? I thought it was 1/28??

1 Like

Who said feb 1?

1 Like

2 posts up

… but where is that date coming from? people are just saying random dates…

The website says late Jan/ early Feb. Last year it was 1/29, but the year before it was 1/24 so I suppose it’s all speculation at this point. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like