University of Miami Early Action 2026

did you submit your SAT score?

1 Like

Not within 3 days, but 4th deferral here. Iā€™m so tired of this. Glad itā€™s my last kid. We didnā€™t go through this game playing with our others.

1 Like

Deferred.
3.9/4.3
No test

Deferred 3.8 uw gpa. Test optional.

Accepted into Architecture with Presidential Scholarship.

4.7 GPA
1460 SAT

1 Like

Deferred

1510 SAT
3.7UW/4.1W

Business

Are all Early Action applicants who get deferred given the option between ED II and Regular decision or are some just put into the Regular Decision pool?

Deferred
3.9/4.4

My son (deferred) was given the EDII or RD choice

1 Like

It should be same for all. The school is gaging if you really want to go there or not. Same thing happened with Case Western. Meanwhile because of it they now have more ED2 than ever. It is usually decided within two weeks. With the first students hearing 1/9. Case hasnā€™t told anyone yet from ED2. Same May happen with UM. Usually once deferred the next outcome is yes or no. They donā€™t tend to defer again.

1 Like

Accepted with presidential scholarship! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Did any of you get acceptance in the email direct or did you have to login - waiting for my kid to get home!!

So basically, they are forcing people to ED2 and possible get less merit. But on the other hand, if you are deferred, Merit may be unlikely?

1 Like

DS Accepted-- NJ
SAT 1570; ACT 35;
Full IB and 5 APs
YMCA Swimming since 6y
2 job (PT and tutor)

1 Like

That doesnā€™t impact merit. If you deserve the merit you will be offered. But yes, they are trying to accept those likely to come. ED2 puts you in a more likely to come group. Most schools donā€™t defer a second time so it becomes yes or no. RD and waitlist is a different thing. Waitlist means we want you but we need a slot for you. Defer means we arenā€™t ready to decide. Tell us more. Some of what they want to know is that you are going to come.

1 Like

was the scholarship info in a separate email?

My daughter wrote them, if they admit her, she will go. But she didnā€™t want to ED anywhere because she didnā€™t want to be rejected. Sheā€™s torn now because doesnā€™t want to be rejected in ED 2.

accepted. Foote Fellows Honors Program. Frost.
Was able to change major on status page

Hi! Congratulations! Iā€™ve seen a few post like yours. What does ā€œI was able to change my majorā€ mean?

And it does impact merit, at least it does at other colleges. Iā€™ve seen kids go in ED get no merit and their classmates get in RD with poorer stats and get merit. Itā€™s a business. If they no you are willing to go no matter what, they no they can offer you less.

3 Likes