University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Deferred will be pulling app. She doesn’t want to wait to April 1st for regular decision

Good Luck and Congrats to accepted

4 Likes

hook means a potential advantage when the admissions committee is shaping the class of admitted students (a legacy, a faculty child, 1st generation or an under represented minority URM). URMs are African American, Hispanic or Native American applicants.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! What instrument?

1 Like

Same boat. Accepted to Frost but no merit attachment. Does that mean 0$ or does it come later?

Daughter was accepted with a “Canes Achievement Scholarship and offered the DaVinci program.

SAT 1580
GPA 5.0W
High rigor coursework

So excited! UMiami was her first choice!

4 Likes

Accepted to Frost. Does Merit letter come later or just assume $0

the pres. scholarship was in a different tab. I think son said in the FA tab/link.

I am not sure - I was surprised as he’s been invited to the honors program for strong academics and yet no merit at all, seems a bit wonky. If it’s no money at all, it’ll be a no-go, sadly!

1 Like

Accepted, pres. scholarship
4.3 W

3 Likes

MADE Program - vocals, but is a multi-instrumentalist. thank you!

4 Likes

Son was deferred. 4.1 GPA. Does anyone know the stats of kids who get into Miami RD after being deferred? Thanks!

1 Like

That’s very shocking, I’m so sorry

2 Likes

My kid was accepted to Frost! Not seeing merit of financial aid yet. He auditioned on classical piano but accepted into Music Technology.

2 Likes

I think you are confusing deferral with waitlist.

accepted w foote fellows and 116k scholarship. 4.0/5.0 32 ACT valedictorian

2 Likes

New parents. Please be aware of a couple of things. I have a freshman daughter at UM and these are things I wish I had known ahead of time!

1. UM does not increase aid for increases year to year ( ie: tuition/dorms/off campus housing/meal plan etc) aside from loans. This year the COA increase from 22-23 to 23-24 is published at 10K more.

2. On campus housing is in super short supply and housing past freshman year is very hard to get. Once you move off campus you cannot get on later. On campus soph year goes up to 20K per person per year. Off campus in Miami is very costly as well. I see many parents paying upwards of 1500-2600 pp per month on 12 month leases on rent alone.
    If you are on a budget…these are things to know!

9 Likes

Wow! That is more than the COA per year or is the 116K total for the 4?

1 Like

congratulations ! What school or major, if you can share?

1 Like

Deferred.

Based on what people have been saying, I’m taking a wild guess that UM probably accepts 5-10% of EA applicants, Rejects like 10%, and Defers the rest as most big schools do?

2 Likes