University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

congratulations!

1 Like

Accepted with Singer Scholarship and Foote Fellows into the School of Business with a major in Management!!

Out-Of-State
GPA: 3.7 W
ACT: 31

Student Govt all 4 years, President of a few more clubs, NLE Exam Awards, Dual Magnet

4 Likes

you have to accept or decline the offer in the form link in your letter.

all 4. i wish LOL

1 Like

political science :slight_smile:

2 Likes

congratulations!!

1 Like

I was accepted into the College of Arts and Sciences as an International Studies major.
Submitted 1430 & 32
Honestly surprised because I was deferred from ED1 at BC and EA at Villanova and Richmond all of which I prefer to UMiami. I think it was my essays that got me in here tho.

1 Like

Deferred
SAT 1570
GPA 4.0
13 AP classes
Top 5%
Multiple leadership positions
EFC: infinity
Well, it did not go as expected!
Next School UTā€¦.
Congratulation to the winnersā€¦

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this, what program? Seems like a total lottery, Iā€™m sorry.

1 Like

their loss. Good Luck with UT. We are waiting too

1 Like

Biomedical engineering

2 Likes

wow, good luck with UT - sounds like UMā€™s loss.

2 Likes

@shynook11 Agree 100%. We have a 2nd home in Delray Beach, Florida (a little more than 1 hour North of Coral Gables) and the housing prices are insanely high! And we live in the Northeast so we see high priced real estate. But honestly, the NE is no where near where South Florida is now. Itā€™s jaw dropping. Take @shynook11ā€™s post seriously.

3 Likes

S23 Accepted - Finance in Herbert School of Business w/'Canes Achievement Scholarship 12k/yr

Surprised but excited.
Deferred at Villanova, Richmond & USC last weekend.

2 Likes

shocking - must be yield protection with those stats - they think you are thinking elsewhere, itā€™s crazy.

1 Like

D23 Accepted into Nursing BSN, Foote Fellows, Presidential Scholarship
ACT 34
GPA 4.0/4.4 - IF Miami recalculates then itā€™s probably much higher. Her school weighs really low Iā€™m realizing. Florida recalculates her at 4.7/8
Lots of AP, dual enrollment, honors classes
School doesnā€™t rank
OOS

3 Likes

Many students seem to be getting priced out of remaining at the U with housing costs alone after the first year, as freshman is on campus 9Kish plus the required meal plan. One could attend a FL state uni for less than much of on/off campus housing in Miami. Combined with not adjusting aid beyond loans past year oneā€¦and many scholarship need students find themselves in an expensive unexpected situation. Great for a no budget household, but it skyrockets after year 1.

2 Likes

Got in, RSMAS meteorology/marine sicence
Had a 3.95UW/4.77W with 1400 SAT and got singer full tuition and foote fellows honors program

6 Likes

DD23 deferred and still very interested. The letter said she could have counselor send updated grades directly through slate etc.

It did not mention if other honors could be added or a letter of continued interest. Should that be submitted?

If so does that go to the AO?

TIA

1 Like

Yes I heard this on our tour last week that the donā€™t guarantee housing for freshmen