University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I left medical school with $100,00. My wife had $150,000… It sucked… I wouldn’t do it in this environment. If you can get loans that easily then why the financial aid? You don’t have to answer that.

It’s a great, great school but we do try to be fiscally responsible when giving advise. If it’s going to be your loan per se why end school with $1,000/month on top of your medical school loans… I would be rather looking for a house or condo and getting appreciation then having $3,000/month loan payments… Many fall trap to this and even doctors having a hard time.

You asked and the answer is the same… Don’t do it.

youre probably right. my top choices are schools that will be affordable if i get in, sucks that michigan is public and im oos lol

Does anyone know how housing works for accepted students? I had heard that those who commit early get first dibs on the good housing options. Is that true? I would assume they would just dole out rooms and buildings all at once.

What state are you from?

i heard that its all random whenever you apply.

1 Like

So is it confirmed that if your decision letter doesn’t mention any scholarship or anything, then you did not receive any money from UMich? Or is it still possible to get scholarship money once financial aid packages come out?

idk about scholarships but fin aid is separate and hasnt come out yet

2 Likes

Correct. The date of housing deposit offers no preference. But RLC’s and Honors get “first dibs.”

Everyone else is placed, but it’s not random. You will fill out a housing preference form (bedroom/suite type) and you can even specify the person you want to room with, like my D did since was able to find a roommate via the FB accepted student site.

1 Like

Hey! along with the regular acceptance letter i seem to have got into their school of information. I saw this under their preferred admission tab. does anyone know what that means? and also why did they offer me admission to their school of information? do they think I’d fit in better there?

This is what it says :
“You are guaranteed a place in the School of Information as a junior as long as you meet the admissions requirements as a sophomore and apply by the early cross-campus application deadline of December 1.”

It is very, very hard to get any merit at Michigan. It’s common depending on your financial situation to get some financial aid money.

1 Like

You didn’t apply for the preferred admission into the school of information?? It’s awesome so check it out but doesn’t start till after sophomore year…
. As long as your accepted into LSA or somewhere then your good. You can always change your mind later. Wait till you get your paper confirmation. If your good then no concern. If it doesn’t make sense contact your AO.

anyone else get admitted to the direct admit nursing program?

1 Like

My daughter did.

congrats to her!! we might be going to the same school

2 Likes

congrats to you too!

2 Likes

thank you

Oh, I had to look back at my application only to realise that I had applied. I had no clue what it was while applying so I chose the one closest to my interests/major. Thanks a lot for the answer!

1 Like

Congrats on your acceptance…

thank you :slight_smile:

What are the chances of getting into Ross after admitted to LSA? Applied Ross preferred admission. Thanks.

1 Like