University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Still waiting here - nothing

1 Like

I concur. But people need to realize UM is not any different than when you are OOS at some other B1G schools like Penn State or Wisconsin. Those institutions are notoriously stingy for out-of-staters.

1 Like

yea same here

Well… Get to it… Lol. Michigan is a very tough school. Use the summer to relax… :wink:

2 Likes

Yup, we had heard not to count on any merit for OOS U-M engineering.

Once my son got in, we really started to go through the scholarships listed on the U-M website. We were actually surprised because there were quite a few merit opportunities and scholarships listed. Initially we were excited as we started clicking on each one. But, after reading through the eligibility requirements of every single one, we realized he didn’t qualify for any of them.

4 Likes

I just got into Honors! Congrats to all who did!

7 Likes

My D21 got into LSA Honors!

8 Likes

Well Michigan State beat Illinois and Michigan beat Michigan State for the Big Ten Men’s Basketball title regular season… Just saying.

Beyond frustrating. Makes attending your dream school or top choice impossible for some, no doubt!

Yes, it was the Geisinger Scholarship. That was the only one we could find as well. Sigh.

1 Like

Same.

Unfortunately this is true for thousands of students every year in that they can’t attend their dream school due to finances. But having said that, there are many great schools out there that students can attend that don’t cost an arm and leg or require one to take on mounds of debt.

I just got into honors as well! Does anyone have an idea of when notifications about the shipman scholarship will start to be sent out?

3 Likes

How easy (or hard) is it to change majors to CS within the COE? I know U-M engineering admits to school. Are you assigned a default major based on the preference you state in the app, and if so can you change right away?

Mine too! Congrats

2 Likes

I knew you would post it. :laughing:

The automatic invitation to the NCAA tournament goes to the conference tournament champion.

No one really cares about who wins the regular season title, especially since it’s based on winning % this season due to Covid and the “team pauses.”

2 Likes

Congrats! Has she applied for LSA scholarships?

And theoretically, if it’s all based on the wisest financial investment for undergrads, students should go to their nearest community college for the first two years, then matriculate to their institution of choice. But we all know that “ain’t happen’” in this big business of college admissions.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming :wink:

A lot of students graduate high school with significant DE/AP credits, so sometimes community college would be redundant.

3 Likes