University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

It is crazy how hard it is to get into Kinesiology- SM programs. Curious what other schools you are looking at for SM.

I was informed that the school has 150 spots and that is across all the majors in there- so that is just nuts.

1 Like

I looked at other big ten schools because a lot of them have really good programs, but if I don’t get into UM then I will probably go to an in-state school (I am in-state for Michigan) for the first year because it is cheaper and then try to transfer to Michigan.

It’s a deposit that gets applied towards your first semester expenses. So you should that $300 credit on your tuition statement in the fall.

1 Like

Online this summer, but a bit different from last year.

1 Like

Appreciate the response!

I feel like that would be a better question for your admissions counselor because i’m not quite sure to be honest.

if as a freshman applicant you get denied to kinesiology sport mgmt - is that a flat out denial or is there a chance they offer you LSA instead

hey man i got into umich oos and ross test optional with a 3.8 bro obviously I did something right man

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know the answer about difficulty. Here’s some info on process.

For my D’s Class of 2022, there were 166 enrolled spots in Kinesiology. But still very small.

IS that 166 spots in total at School of Kinesiology?
Or 166 Sports Management spots in class?

and out of approximately how many applications?

The 166 was enrolled spots in the School of Kinesiology, not any one major. I don’t know total apps by college unfortunately.

um wow. So that is an EXTREMELY low acceptance rate. There are at least 4 undergrad majors in Kines. So there could be 50 spots or so in SM?

Congrats… That’s awesome!

We are OOS, my son is not legacy, and never contacted his AO. He didn’t know he was supposed to. He was accepted to CoE during EA.

2 Likes

Same here - my DD is OOS, not a legacy, never contacted AO because we didn’t know we were supposed to. Accepted to CoE during EA.

2 Likes

what were you supposed to email your AO about? I didn’t do this and am wondering if there is any point in doing so now

1 Like

Flat out denial.