University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

So with financial aid etc this happens. We sent in all our stuff, they said we were good but they needed extra stuff from us.

So, regardless if you think your complete, just email them to see if it’s a mistake or if they really need something.

Also if you get financial aid and it doesn’t seem correct. Let them know. Yes, mistakes do happen and their great about adjusting it to your favor.

We get the email, but we haven’t filled out the CSS. I was waiting to see the status of his application before filling it out honestly. I doubt we’d get any financial aid anyway.

2 Likes

Just as a hint
Many, many get FA that never thought they would. Especially with affects of covid on income… Just saying…

Same here. Doubt we will get any aid.

I have the sheet showing how U of M weighs applicants different qualifications, but how do they specifically weight each section of qualification? Like how many points do GPA and Rigor (which are classified as “Very important”) earn an applicant compared to ECs and SAT (which are classified as “Important”)?

I think it’s like this:

Outstanding - 4 Points
Excellent - 3 Points
Good - 2 Points
Average/Fair - 1 Points
Below Average - 0 Point

EDIT: They haven’t actually posted these point values, but it would make sense If it was like this. They do individual category ratings, and then an overall rating

But how much are qualifications in “Very important, important, and considered” worth compared to qualifications in the other categories?

I think it is also a point system similar to what I put. that would make the most sense to just see how people qualify quantitatively, comparing the numbers could help narrow down the list

Do they place importance on a holistic review, essay, volunteering, ec’s?

This should explain that best.

Will some people get their decision sooner then others, or will they all be released together?

They are usually posted all at once

And do you think the decision will definently be posted on a Friday?

More likely than not

In the end it’s nothing definite. Everything is speculation based on past years, as well as things they have posted on their website. This goes for dates of releasing decisions to how applicants are evaluated

Last year was a Thursday & the 3 previous were Wednesdays - so I’m putting my money on this Wednesday. I have zero inside info - I’m just super excited to hear decisions :).

It’ll be amazing to get decisions today(its Wednesday for me here). I am waiting for GATech decisions on Saturday, and this will do wonders to make the time fly as UMich is a relative top choice.

1 Like

They will most likely release in EST, meaning it would be Wednesday in Michigan

1 Like

Yeah, but the way most decisions have worked for me till now is that its just 30 minutes to an hour before midnight.

Ahh okay well in that case who knows