University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Look this year has obviously been different. So past year’s info may not be a good indicator of this year.

But having said that, previous EA decisions have been released on or about 3:00 PM EST.

And RD decisions have been released in the late evenings, often around midnight EST.

2 Likes

Admissions just told me all decisions will be announced at the same time and they are still reviewing EA applications

2 Likes

So I am guessing its safe to say no decisions before next week. Guess GATech will be out first.

4 Likes

Maybe they just haven’t received if from college board yet. you can always call the financial aid office to confirm.

The federal govt stopped allowing colleges to see the list of schools in the FAFSA back in 2016…

My son received the email saying if he wants to apply for Financial Aid the deadline is March 31 and that he needs to complete both the FAFSA and CSS. Oddly enough, this email went to the address on his application as well as his high school email which is no where on his application. He did not apply for financial aid so they must’ve sent this to everyone. The CSS will knock him out, so not wasting our time (or money) filling it out!

The CSS is also for $ that does not need to be repaid (grants, scholarships, endowment)…

The CSS is required for a lot of schools, however, it’s highly invasive and if you’re like me who is divorced and has an ex who is remarried to someone who makes a lot of money then that impacts and financial aid that my children will get and they don’t qualify. If it’s a school that has the fafsa only, it’s a different story. We learned that two years ago when we had to file both the CSS and Fafsa for my daughter at an Ivy League and got zero even though the EFC said she would qualify for a significant amount of FA. The reason she didn’t I realized was because when I put the numbers in the net price calculator, I didn’t put it in for her father and his wife. Fafsa doesn’t require their incomes and since they don’t support her that would be a more accurate calculation.

2 Likes

does this include EA for Ross? or is EA jan. 29?

No, Ross doesn’t receive your application until you’ve been accepted. Once you are accepted on the 29th, then Ross will review your application and decisions will be released in 3 waves. Once in February, once in March, and once in April. Normally there would also be a decision in January since EA normally comes out in December but that’s been scrapped thanks to COVID.

hello all! I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether Umich is “need-aware” for int’l students…I live in the US and attend HS here but since I am neither a citizen nor a permanent resident, American universities deem me an international student…I know that their website states they do not provide any financial aid to International students, but I did fill out the CSS profile and was wondering if applying for fin. aid would hurt my chances at the university–any input would be appreciated!

Most colleges do not offer financial aid to international applicants. I am not sure if it hurts your chance or not, but it just does not make any sense to submit CSS profile if the school made it clear about their FA policy.

2 Likes

I believe colleges go by passport so I assume you have a foreign passport, which makes you international. Most U.S. schools are need aware for interventional students but not sure if Michigan is.

Hi! I am an international student and in my opinion it may hurt your chances. I did not apply for aid because of the need aware policy!

1 Like

Does anyone know usually the results come out in the morning or afternoon?

This Wednesday, meaning today? Or next Wednesday?

Next Wed - Friday is fair at 3 or 5 Eastern Time. Pm

1 Like

schools definitely do not go by passport.

I mean for international students they do. I know many “international students” who immigrated to the states later on with foreign passports who were considered international students still. To Attend American Universities, Student Visas and Passports Are Necessary - Peterson's

how do you know it’s coming out then?