University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

This is a University of Michigan forum so like of course… Lol :joy:

I am not sure if this is the same for all learning communities, but the one my daughter applied to said that if applied by 3/28, a decision would be sent 4/7. I do not know about scholarship responses.

Totally with you. And everybody here. Hope we all finally get in!!

I haven’t gotten a decision yet after being deferred EA. Is this most likely rejection?

Have any admissions stats been released? Anyone how many waitlists there were?

Nope

Not 100% yet. See what happens this Friday. I am assuming the rest will be released then and you might have a clearer picture. Good luck.

I think someone mentioned that approximately 13-15% were offered a spot from the waitlist last year. Is that your understanding? Do you have a guess-timate of what that number might be this year? Thanks.

No clue.

So I have a few theories on the waitlist.

Last year was high at 13% mainly due to Covid and the uncertainty of it. Lots of factors to consider why it was high but mainly some kids / parents felt uncomfortable leaving for school with a pandemic.

This year will be interesting to watch as how will the effects of Covid take shape.

Can international students come to the US? Can people afford Michigan?

My guess is if the number off the waitlist will once again be around 13% we will know as waitlist students will come off prior to May 1st. If they wait till mid May then the number would be around 2018/2019 numbers.

Nice deduction…

1 Like

me neither. hopefully not…

Having the same question. Wondering how many spots are still left right now and whether there’s one for me…

1 Like

Agree! Adding to that is on average people apply for more schools so theoretically more offers for each, which reduce the yield…

2 Likes

Thanks for your input.

Not yet since they haven’t released all decisions yet, but here is past information on acceptances and waitlist, etc. Waitlisted Applicants FAQ | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Unfortunately, I was right. UCLA played better (Juzang!) and Franz couldn’t hit the side of a barn with his shots. The team really missed Livers tonight.

My son (newly admitted class of 2025) was upset, but I reminded him that this too is part of being a Wolverine. :sob:

But you pick yourself up, and start preparing for the next year/challenge. That’s also part of being a Wolverine. :grinning:

Get used to both, the class of 2025!

1 Like

Neither my husband or son had Michigan in this bracket. My husband had Florida State and my son had Bama. Ironically, thanks to the Michigan loss one of them will wind up winning our big family pool since most of us had Illinois winning it all. I wonder if my son had been accepted to Michigan prior to last Friday, if he would’ve picked them to go further than he did, lol. Unfortunately, who ever wins will be a worse winner than the loser and I have to live with them both! :frowning:

Idk what they were thinking. They kept going for 3’s when all they needed was a lay up. They could’ve been utilizing Dickinson. But it’s ok we’ll be back next year.

Agree. But give UCLA credit from coming from a play in team to final 4. But if we make more free throws then miss we win. Go for 2 with potential foul to tie or win or give Brown the last shot. No one else was hitting. You know it’s a bad night when Smith and Wagner can’t make uncontested signature crazy looking layups… Agh… And when Stephen Curry is wide open… He’s gonna make 3s…lol. UCLA told you exactly what they were going to do and still couldn’t stop them. Give them credit. No one expected Michigan to get this far without Livers. Hope next years class is as good as they sound.

1 Like