University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Update it says I have a submitted application for the SUMMER of 2021… idky but I didn’t do that :kissing:should I call and ask ?

Yes

1 Like

By any chance does anyone else have the same button or ?

Update ! I called the office and the person said he wasn’t really at liberty to say what the application was for. BUT I should be receiving some news about it this afternoon… I hope it’s good news🥲

Did you apply to LSA?

Yes I applied to LSA

Does anyone else have this button?

Thank you for the great touring tips! A few other questions:

• A2 seems pretty walkable. Is a rental car necessary or helpful for a couple day visit to check out campus/town?

(We don’t want to be saddled with a car if parking is expensive and hard to find unless the car will be helpful!)

• Without a rental car, how do people get from the Detroit airport to A2?

• What does the 18 and 21 mean when people post “my D18,” or “my D21?”

Thank you!!!

1 Like

It’s walkable. But you can Uber to different areas or bus. From airport to A2 Uber, cab or bus. There might be a line that goes directly so call even call the school to see what they have. Not sure what shuttles they have. If you really need a car then rent one at the airport or locally but yes you are feeding the meter or check out a parking garage and see what their 24 hr rates are. Again the school might be able to help with that. As far as 18/21… People do different things that can mean year they graduate or age of student… Just ask if not sure.

Did you also apply to Ross? My son had that button because of the two applications.

Nope. It says for summer of 2021. I’m assuming it’s for the Summer Bridge program.

The bus from DTW to AA starts up again on April 26: https://www.michiganflyer.com/

An Uber from DTW to AA costs about $50.

A car isn’t necessary to walk around AA. If you add in the costs of renting a car, gas, and parking charges, you are better off going by Uber or bus.

@DeclanMcM I haven’t rented a car yet, in all my trips, but we’re all different when it comes to walking around. And it also depends on the amount of time you have. If you want to go from the Mall to North Campus, then that’s a drive to me. The mall is about 3 miles away. The Big House, Crisler Center and Yost (Hockey) is roughly a 1/2-1 mile from Central Campus, if that’s on your agenda. The Hill, where many dorms is about a 10 minute walk to Central Campus.

Otherwise, South U, South Main and South State are all walkable from Central Campus.

Great info - thank you KnowsStuff, NovaLox, and Sushritto!

@Shishritto: It’s likely coming down to SLO v. U-M for Computer Engineering. SLO is in-state for us, so U-M’s cost is > 2x… I was curious to know what were the dispositive factors for your/your D’s decision to choose SLO, (if you don’t mind sharing)? Feel free to PM if that’s more appropriate, (and sorry, I’m new here and can’t figure out how to PM… my kids would be mortified!)

I’ll PM you. I don’t want to muck up the thread too much. I already do too much of that. :grinning:

Could be that they’re offering you one of those summer programs that if you go through you then can enroll for the fall. I know many people through the years that have gotten in this way and someone a couple years ago from our high school did. If it’s your first choice school, you do what you got to do to get there! Summer in Ann Arbor can’t be that bad, and if remote, then no different than what you’re doing now.

1 Like

Ahh ok ok, thank you! I kind of figured it was but wasnt sure.

D has already moved on since she was only interested in Ross as OOS student.

@Knowsstuff @IrisYY so definitely Umich > UCSD, right? I also got in UCSD. Anxiously waiting for UMich right now!

I do NOT have it…