University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I am pretty sure it’s what everybody sees.

I don’t think so

are the credentials of the friend account or portal details?

Does that one checklist that worked last year work?

nope

Also, how many CSS profile emails did y’all get from Mich?

friend account details will be entered while you login and are asked for uniqname

@abir and @Knowsstuff This is pretty much happening at all the top CS programs as the major is becoming even more popular. Similar to what knowsstuff has said, it’s the same issue at my daughter’s school, you enter engineering (or Arts & Sciences for CS) undeclared and then you declare your major after you meet certain requirements and have a certain number of hours. Many switch majors which is easy to do. Also, some classes are hard to get into and freshman year since every Engineer has a CS requirement they had to move one of the sections into the largest room on her campus. Schools, especially top programs figure it out. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be able to attain that top status and keep the top professors there.

1 Like

I received 2 emails

1 Like

yh you’re right. Berkeley is also having a hard time

Sounds good. Within the same week?

They tell you that on the tour!

no
mid dec
mid Jan

I’m making a friend acc rn, but where do you find your UM ID

Ah. I got one in Dec and then two in Jan like back to back

what were those emails about?

Mine are from November and January

1 Like

Two

One of the main reasons Michigan was a no brainer for our son even with OOS tuition is that UMich engineering has been able to accommodate all students getting their #1 engineering major 100% of the time in recent years. Absolutely not the case at other schools. UT, the main other school he was considering—which would have been in-state tuition 🥲, makes it especially difficult to change majors, even within engineering.

yes same week

1 Like