University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

When does merit money typically start to be given out- I know the email said the committee starts to meet in October - do they lock up the highest rated candidates early and go from there?

1 Like

I sent you a PM, but if it says no pending applications when you tap the accept/decline it means there has not been a decision made yet.

thanks!

Hi. My daughter applied on 9/12 and received admission offer on 9/24. She has high stats from a high school known for its rigor, and lots of great ECs with leadership, etc. In addition, she received a guaranteed offer of admission to a Pitt Public Health master’s program that includes a $5,000 scholarship even though she didn’t indicate interest in a graduate degree. Is this a marketing ploy? Did anyone else get a similar letter?

1 Like

@collegehope100 , Pitt has guaranteed acceptance programs for various pre-professional programs. It sounds like your daughter got admitted to the public health one without indicating interest. My D was offered the GAP for Pitt Law, but she wanted to be consideredfor it. That one came with a $20,000 Dean’s Scholarship for law school (can’t remember if it’s for each year of law school) if she maintains a 3.5 and hits a 162 on the lsat. They are great offers! Congrats!

2 Likes

congrats!! can you be more specific on “Letter appeared in Doc Center (no email yet)”? where is the Doc Center in Pitt Portal? Thx!

@ kmapitt

Sure. My child received a general email from Pitt with a link to the “Document Center” which is separate from the initial portal he set up. When his regular portal changed to add accept/decline info and buttons, he started checking the doc center regularly. About a day later his acceptance letter appeared. 1-2 days after that, he received an email from Pitt indicating that he had an admissions decision in the doc center.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

My daughter got an email about the doc center a few days after applying (this is the only way we’ll contact you, etc) and today over a week later she got 3 more copies of the same thing. No docs though

My buttons appeared tonight for School of Nursing. :blush:

8 Likes

other than buttons, did you get any emails of confirmation or status change in doc center?

thank you for the explanation. so is there a link in the doc center saying acceptance letter or under which section it shows the letter? I noticed there are many links in the doc center main page. Thx!

The buttons showed up late last night. I did not receive anything in my document center yet but from what I have learned from this forum is it will take a day or two after “buttons” appear.

2 Likes

Deleted per suggestion, will DM.

@Winky1

Are the decisions coming with scholarship offers as well?

No, I was at an admissions event on Fri. and they mentioned that committee would start meeting in October and those notifications would also be on a “rolling” basis.

1 Like

I’m actually having the same thing here. got two emails from Pitt regarding document center but when I clicked in there’s nothing there in the Doc center??

Hi when did you start to see the acceptance letter in the Pitt Doc center after getting email about accessing document center?

My child got the buttons on a Wednesday. The acceptance letter showed up in the Pitt Doc center on Saturday. So 3-4 days.

1 Like

ok thank you!

@hischoolmomof2 , no scholarship offer with admittance to Pitt. My Ds scholarship was a part of the GAP for Pitt Law.

1 Like