University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Has anyone been asked for more information? They asked my daughter a question but it doesn’t say how to get them the answer. She’s going to call.

hi there, when did the acceptance letter showed up in your Pitt Document center after you got email from Pitt with the link to the Pitt Doc center?

1 Like

8/23: D got the “how you’ll hear from Pitt admissions” and the link to the document center

9/4: buttons appeared

9/4: checked the email sent on 8/23 and acceptance letter was there dated 9/3

9/5: got the email to check the document center that there were documents loaded

Hope that helps.

thanks! I got the email from Pitt to check doc center by giving a link. but no doc showed up when click on it :frowning:

9/27: S got the “how you will hear from us” email and link to document center
9/29: buttons appears, no document in document center yet

2 Likes

8/18 Common App
8/25 Sat scores received
9/26 Buttons appeared
9/27 Acceptance letter in doc center

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Do you know yet if you’ll be attending? My D is 99.99% sure but we’re doing a second look next week to be certain. She is also Nursing.

2 Likes

This is in my top two. Waiting to hear from my other choice and then seeing if I receive any merit money.

3 Likes

thanks! I got an email which had a link “Access your Pitt Admissions documents here” but when I click on it and logged in there’s nothing there :frowning:

I’m so happy now! Accepted for school of engineering! 1440 sat, 3.6 UW, 4.1 W

good luck everyone who’s still waiting for the admission!!!

7 Likes

yayyyy congrats!!

This thread quieted down! When in October will the admissions people start considering students for merit $$??

1 Like

I’m feeling a little bit worried that D22 hasn’t heard anything since the original confirmation email with the link to the Document Center. She applied 9/20 and there’s still no “buttons” or anything in the Document Center. We’re OOS, she’s applying for CS (of course). Her SAT is 1410, ACT 31, gpa 3.5uw / 4.5w. She has decent EC’s, especially CS-related, but is not hardcore with any one particular thing. Pitt is her #1 choice, so I hope she gets good news. If not I don’t know how she’ll fare at her reach schools.

@FreshCoastal , the buttons are on the Pitt PS Mobile App, not on the Document Center. She has really great scores and gpa for Pitt, and I’d be surprised if she was not admitted. See if you have buttons on the app, and also go to the Document Center and see if anything is sitting in there.

Also, I believe someone on this thread was told their application would not be looked at until October, and the student is also CS. My D22 is Dietrich School, so that is a different ballpark for them

2 Likes

Thanks! Nothing in the document center at this point, so we will just be patient :slight_smile: The good thing is that this keeps her focused on getting the rest of her EA apps done. If she had a Pitt acceptance she might want to skip the rest, and if she got a rejection she might feel like none of the other schools on her list would admit her (besides the one safety she did receive an acceptance from).

1 Like

Where is the document center. Please explain. Thank you

Does it really mean accepted if you see buttons in mobile app ? So confusing.

In the mobile app, after logging in, expand the admissions section. It will say “accept/decline admissions.” Click on that. If the next screen says no pending applications, they haven’t decided yet. If it has your school, major, term, and Accept and decline buttons, you’re in.

6 Likes

The link to the document center is in the confirmation email that should have been sent once the application was submitted. My D22 sent hers in through the common app, then received an email titled “How you’ll hear from the Admissions Committee” from Pitt Admissions.

Mine did not. Will ask to check junk folder. Submitted application through common app. last week. :disappointed: