University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

I hope you get it!

I applied Jan 5th and still yet to hear back anything.

2 Likes

Hi , We are also from MA thinking about committing to Pitt.
How does your son go from airport to college. Is there a shuttle going to University or he takes uber?

There is no shuttle. There is a city bus that is free with Pitt ID. There is also Uber. Which he takes depends on if he is pressed for time. The bus stops a lot so it can take awhile.

1 Like

Great insight. My D has essentially moved on from Pitt as a possibility, but it would be nice to have some ‘closure.’ (more for me than her:)

1 Like

Thanks! I saw Pitt offers bus rides to New Jersey and New York during breaks but I did not see any for MA.

Still waiting for any type of response since November here…verified with admissions that nothing is missing.

3 Likes

are you sure you checked your pitt document centre ? Even I applied in November but I got my decision in early January , hence I ask.

My son’s friend who applied in November just got his acceptance yesterday

4 Likes

We’re getting excited for accepted student day this Friday! Can anyone recommend some good restaurants? We’ve already been to The Porch. My D especially loves boba tea, good tacos, and asian food. Or any other restaurants you feel have very tasty offerings. :slight_smile:

Oh, and Sheetz does have a good breakfast sandwich, but for everything else, WAWA all the way!

1 Like

Mad Mex is good and located in the “South O” area where lots of upperclassmen live so you can check it out. Close to campus.

Sounds good, thanks!

1 Like

Stack’d right on Forbes I think is great!

Thank you, I’ll check it out!

1 Like

Thx yes I checked both places. It now finally says application complete but still no response. Oh well.

1 Like

We will be there on Friday as well! So looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’m hoping we’ll be able to see inside some of the buildings (dorm, library, cathedral, etc.) When we visited in the summer we had a mostly outdoor tour.

We haven’t been before so we’re really looking forward to it. We hit Case the following Monday and then I’m hoping for a decision!

1 Like

good luck! try checking your document center.

We were able to go into the Cathedral in the summer, so I think you will this time, too.

1 Like