University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

You think it’s 5 weeks now? My son applied 10/28 and got accepted 11/12, and I’ve been checking every day for a $ letter. I’m actually relieved to hear things have slowed down generally

I received my acceptance in late September, 1390 sat, 4.0 uw gpa, strong extracurriculars, good essay, applied to honors, is there any chance that I could still get merit scholarships?

They review for scholarships until March, so good luck and hang in there!

1 Like

Thank you! That gives me a little hope that he may still get something. His grades are similar to your daughters, 4.0 UW 4.6 W, 5APS, etc. Fingers crossed! Congrats to your daughter!

1 Like

Thank you!

Son applied 10/30 to business. SRAR completed 11/11. How long should decision take?

Wondering the same thing! Son applied to engineering 10/27, SRAR completed 11/3, still waiting…

1 Like

I believe they say 6-8 weeks now to hear back because of the record number of applications they have this year.

I suspect Pitt wants to see if more people are really applying, or if a similar number of applicants are just applying earlier.

same dates for us - common app 10/27, SRAR completed 11/3

1 Like

Same dates for us as well.

1 Like

My daughter heard back today, exactly 6 weeks to the day. She was getting really nervous because initially people were hearing back in days, but now, the timeline has really stretched out

8 Likes

D22 applied 10/29. Received ID letter 11/2. Acceptance doc in Application Portal today 12/7!
Note we did not receive an email notification. She applied Test-Optional, 3.9 GPA, OOS (NJ)
Thanks for all the helpful info on here everyone

7 Likes

What is the SRAR I keep seeing? MY DD has kept this whole process to herself so we see NOTHING. Get bugged when I asked, “Have you checked your portals today?”

congratulations!

2 Likes

Self Reported Academic Record or something like that - basically a list of all grades so far and courses taken. They say that it’s best/fastest to do SRAR, better than official transcripts.

AHHHH… Thanks! I think she did that then. She applied EA day before deadline and she has heard nothing as far as I know, Fiercely independent! That’s good and bad! HAHA

3 Likes

Mostly good.

2 Likes

@ABW22003 - On top of what @wenode mentioned, Some universities (especially Large public) find it easier to process Self Reported Academic Record (SRAR) instead of official transcripts from various high school. GPAs are not standard across all schools in the USA. Universities need to translate the grades from various schools into a system that they understand where they can look at various students on a standard scale that makes sense for them.
LINK to SRAR for upitt-
https://srar.selfreportedtranscript.com/Login.aspx?pt_ceeb=130D7ED4DBC44AC1

2 Likes

Has anyone who applied to the Honors College heard back yet? Application was submitted on 10/25 and nothing so far…will the Honors College apps be 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline of 12/1???