University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

that will cause decision to take longer, as per every official resource on the topic

Because I have an unexpected day off, I spent time going through the thread from the beginning and spreadsheeting every post about merit aid.

Lots of people didn’t include their stats or whether they’re OOS or not :frowning:

But here’s what I came up with, among those who did (NOTE this is only as good as the post reports, so please don’t flame me):

There were 27 people who posted that they got merit, and listed an amount.

Only two people said they were from PA. Every other merit award on this thread was for an OOS student

Only one person reported getting merit and being test-optional - and that award was the smallest, at $2k a year (in-state).

The lowest test scores reported were 1440 and 35.

The highest merit award was $20,000.

If anyone wants to indulge my day off, and has reported merit without stats, or has gotten merit and hasn’t checked in yet, please add to the body of knowledge!

9 Likes

Love this! You are as nutty as me!!! Lol

Please edit, and I am pretty sure I said my in-state D has a 32 and did send the score to them. My mistake if I didn’t mention her score. No merit though, as you are correct. However she is in the running for Stamps/Nordenberg Scholarships and they told her she would not find out if she made it to the next round until mid-Jan.

2 Likes

haha, Winky, I watched all your posts and never saw merit, so you aren’t on my sheet. I’ll add you now, though, as I’m pretty sure she’ll end up with merit, either the full ride or a consolation $20k, lol
GPA and APs? Major/school admit? I’m tracking them too

1 Like

Just add that she has our official lowest score reported if you want! Or wait until she gets any merit to add her, to keep this unofficial tally official!

Oh, her gpa is uw 3.9, and w is 4.7 (could be a 4.8 after first semester!!). Her major is Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (or whatever it’s called at Pitt), School would be Dietrich.
APs, yes, total of 5 (2 jr. year and 3 now)

1 Like

To further confuse the issue, Pitt also awards diversity scholarships. The amounts are different, although the students are still very well qualified (based on skimming other threads).

2 Likes

I have only been keeping a running tally in my head (definitely no spreadsheets or anything remotely organized!), but have you found that engineering students seem to be getting the highest merit awards, CS the lowest, and business, Dietrich, etc somewhere in the middle? I think that this is the trend that I have been seeing.

Yeah, all the $20k awards are engineering/bioengineering…
I have no post with a CS major that has also given merit details.

2 Likes

My son was offered $80k total, applied as undecided.

4 Likes

Hi there, Penndad - you posted about a son and daughter, both applying to Dietrich, with your daughter getting merit and nothing yet on your son.
But you said your daughter was OOS and your son was in-state?
Just checking that was all correct …for my merit spreadsheet :slight_smile:

Congrats! In-state or OOS/ stats, if you are comfortable sharing?

1 Like

OOS, 1440 SAT, 4.0 GPA, 12 AP’s.

2 Likes

Sorry it was only son not daughter :sunglasses:. That was my mistake. Apologize. Here are his details:

Applied 10/27
Accepted 11/4
Merit 11/24: $20K total
Residency: Instate
Applied for GMP. Admitted to Pre Medicine track
SAT: 1550
GPA (W): 4.46
APs: 10 till junior year. 5 more in senior year

No communication on GMP

4 Likes

Thanks much - congrats, so far you have the highest merit award for an in-state student (though Winky is hoping to change that :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Good luck to Winky!!! Way to go. Does getting a merit award makes you ineligible for Stamps and Nordenberg scholarships?

1 Like

Anyone who applied around 10/30 hear back yet?

We applied 10/30 and haven’t heard back yet!

1 Like

Hi Winky1, wondering if your D has a 32 straight or is that the superscore?

Actually I don’t think they superscore the ACT…I was thinking of a different school.