University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Hi All, was at a work lunch and missed the convo here! Her 32 is superscore, but I do think Pitt superscores because on the portal, everything is broken out into subsets and her 32 is there.

The Stamps and Nordenberg is a separate application for in state students. I would imagine if you are awarded merit, and then won Stamps or Nordenberg, they would override the current award. I’m wondering if her being in consideration has prevented her from being awarded anything up til now.

Hi Winky, By “on the portal” are you referring to the Common App or to something you’re seeing on the Pitt Portal? I am wondering because I am pretty sure my DS submitted both of his ACT tests but I can’t see anything on the actual Pitt portal that shows what was actually received. Thanks…

By portal I mean the Pitt app! Very confusing. It’s called Pitt PS Mobile

Got it, I actually didn’t even see that in the regular portal either. Now I see it…and no, there is no superscore. They use algorithms and that’s what those extra numbers are…they use that to figure out placement among applications.

2 Likes

I just checked and her superscore is there in subsection called Composite

I don’t typically post, but because I love to support a mom with a spreadsheet here you go:

Applied: Early August
Accepted: Late August
Merit: $5K/year
Residency: In state
Applied/accepted to College of Business Administration
SAT: Test Optional
GPA: 96.3%
APs: Our school doesn’t offer many. I think she has taken 3/5 offered.

One of her classmates also applied and was accepted to engineering with similar GPA, also test optional, with at least one more AP class.

5 Likes

I meant to say that she got the same $5K/year scholarship with similar stats (or lack thereof), but to engineering.

1 Like

hahah, thanks, I need a badge: “Please Support Mom With Spreadsheet”
and ty for the data points! Congrats on the merit!!!

3 Likes

I’m confused as well. My app has shown as “no applications pending” for over a month with application on 10/27, but shown as completed. Then when I click on another area it shows as “pending”, but I can see classroom management and click on financial aid (no awards yet). So confusing. I have 30 ACT and extremely high course rigor. Another from my school and another from my area both with ACT’s in the low 20’s submitted no score option one decent high course rigor and the other ok and both accepted. They did apply previous to me.

I’m not being confrontational, but you don’t know everything on their applications. You don’t get a bonus because you submitted test scores - test optional is just that.

Applied 10/27, OOS. Haven’t heard back yet either. For some reason my Pitt portal says “You do not have any pending applications at this time” as it has for the past 1+ month. Someone earlier said this means the application is still in review. However, I did not do SRAR so it makes sense that mine would take much longer. I’m wondering about the mobile portal and the regular one as the link I have been using on my laptop is PS mobile.Pitt.edu, is this the wrong one?

I’m not sure I was indicating it should be a bonus. I am good friends with the one from my school and decent friends with the one outside which is why we have discussed everything. I am only indicating perhaps it is just beneficial to just send in test optional. Maybe there is a lag because of the timing. Honestly, I was only indicating it seems bizarre or confusing that there are conflicting statements in the portal compared to others I have received. I received EA decisions that were not rolling, so just seemed bizarre.

Hey all! I applied to the school of arts and sciences to study neuroscience back in mid November and got a letter around two weeks later asking for my mid-year senior grades. I have a 4.46/4 weighted GPA, 3.47/4 unweighted GPA, and a 1330 SAT (660 reading 670 Math). My transcript (excluding senior year) has some pretty hard classes, with 6 APs on it, and 13 honors classes. My grades weren’t that great my freshman year, they were decent my sophomore year, and they were very good my junior year. My transcript this year as a senior is somewhat rigorous- 2 AP classes and 3 Honors classes (I can only take 5 courses at a time per semester at my school).

My grades are good right now and will likely stay the same for the rest of the semester (B pluses in my AP classes and As in my honors classes). Do I have a decent shot of getting accepted? Is this sort of thing common and how does it typically play out? Any advice or input is welcome and would be highly appreciated.

I applied to Pitt on 10/26. And I also neglected to submit the SRAR because I had already submitted an official transcript from my high school.

In mid November I received an email from Pitt basically stating that my application would be processed faster if I submitted the SRAR. Unfortunately, that email went to my SPAM folder and I did not see it until the day after Thanksgiving.

Once I submitted the SRAR, I received my Acceptance a week later.

1 Like

That’s so interesting. I will go talk to my college advisors and submit!

How long do you think it normally takes without filling out the SRAR?

I think you have a very solid chance at admission, yes.

Anyone has update on the GMP? Last year they sent letters dated 12/8 I’m not sure if we need to wait for the paper-based confirmation or will they be receiving an email too or some update in the portal. Will they be sending a decline letter to the students who don’t make the initial cut off?

Received an email asking to submit official SAT scores. we are now able to see the whole portal with the accept and decline button which was not there yesterday. does this mean anything?

1 Like

I think it means accepted, so congratulations