University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

My son got the accept decline buttons today , no update in doc center Hos application went to review on 8/25 Applied to Dietrich

3 Likes

congrats! The doc center update should be around 1 business day later.

My son received his GAP acceptance to the School of Business at the same time that he received his admission letter.

3 Likes

Thank you! So how do they see how you did in school or that what you put on the SRAR is accurate?

A final and official transcript will have to be sent end of the academic year if you are attending in the fall so the SRAR needs to be 100% accurate and mirror exactly what the unofficial transcript shows or an offer could be rescinded.

Anyone oos with the common app hear back yet? We are still waiting and went into review 8/16.

Yes. Letter dated 9/1; email arrived 9/3.

1 Like

We are waiting too. Went to review 8/16.

1 Like

I actually called admissions and was told that decisions would be made early to mid October. I guess there are exceptions but the bulk of decisions will be made then, particularly for the smaller schools like engineering and CIS. I’m gonna stop checking lol.

6 Likes

Thanks for checking with them.

has anyone actually clicked the ACCEPT button? is there any pressure to do this within a certain time frame? or can we leave it hanging for, like, months?
what happens if we click it? do we then have to pay a deposit? is it refundable? will other schools see that and will it affect their decisions?

My older daughter is the class of 2025. She got her decision in late September (applied in late August) and did not accept until mid-April.

1 Like

How is she liking it there?

She loves it. Her experience has had a big impact on her sister who is applying now.

1 Like

D22 just texted yesterday and said “I love college”!!! So great. She said that she has plenty of study time and that her involvement in the marching band is not interfering with that and that band is great exercise. I mention this because she lives in Sutherland Hall on upper campus and she started her text by saying. “I love taking the shuttle to upper campus after class. No cardiac hill for me! It takes just as long to walk up as it does to take the shuttle, but I don’t really care!”
So there are some thoughts from a new freshman :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Another question! Thanks to those answering! Mine is applying test optional. She did just get an email stating they have her application and all that. In the letter it mentioned about submitting additional information like a personal statement. She already had that on the common app. How about a resume? Do they take those?

My current student only submitted the common app essay, and other sections with honors and activities- nothing additional. When we were there over the summer for blue and gold day she asked about recommendations (bc she would have had to wait until school started to request) and they said early application was preferable than waiting for LOR. (For what it’s worth my ‘21 student only submitted common app and the supplemental essays that were optional at the time - those are no longer listed).

She is still waiting to hear from the school of business. Application under review 8/16.

1 Like

If you go to the admission FAQ page they have a link to uploading resume and essay, I think. But common app essay should be sufficient if you did that. Honors app has another essay.

1 Like

My student submitted her common app and SRAR a few weeks ago. The portal says her app is “pending” and there are no to-do items. The next thing that should happen is that the status will change from pending to under review?

1 Like

The next step is the status changes from “pending” to “complete,” @DawnD2023
At some point there’s an under review email.
But nothing in that status ever said under review for my kid.

5 Likes