University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Still waiting here too. My D applied to the School of Public Health through the common app and OOS on 8/1. Really hoping we won’t be waiting until October!

1 Like

Thanks! I know they had that last year but for some reason I can not find it for this year and when I looked on the admissions page it only mentioned the personal essay. I’ll keep looking!

Did anyone apply directly (not via common app)? My kid said there was no place to enter EC and awards. Does it sound right?

that’s correct. you can upload a resume from the FAQ.

3 Likes

I applied directly and only entered Personal statement that’s it.

My student applied directly but loaded a resume

Found it…thank you!

My DD23 received her acceptance yesterday (9/9) to the School of Engineering. She applied on 8/23 through the UPitt application and is OOS. She’s SUPER happy!

8 Likes

Congratulations to her! Would you mind sharing her stats?

4.0UW/4.6W
6 previous, 4 current APs (AP scholar with distinction)
36 ACT superscore (35 for two sittings) (just found out she’s a NMSF but I don’t think she put that on her resume because it wasn’t known when app went in)
ECs are slightly above average, some leadership but nothing huge

She also go into the master’s program in engineering, with an accelerated 5 year BS/MS.

She’s really hoping for the honors college, and if she gets that an maybe a bit of merit, it would be a strong contender!!

6 Likes

U Pitt Timeline

Daughter applied SCI via U Pitt App. Admitted and qualified for GAP. Planning to apply for honors but hasn’t yet.

OOS

4.0 UW, 4.52 W (estimated as school uses a 100 pt scale, not a 4.0), all honors or AP where possible

APs (All 5’s): CS A, Bio, WH, Calc BC, Physics 1, US, Lang and Comp; this year enrolled in Chem, Psych, Lit, Gov

SAT: 1590 (800 M, 790 V)
NMSF

Good ECs, service, and essays; summer research but not published

No merit awards yet, I believe they begin reviewing for merit in October.

Timeline

• 8/18/22: Filled out application with essay and supplemental resume and thought SRAR was complete
  • 8/24: Received email for “how you’ll hear”
  • 8/26: Received email that SRAR was not actually finished and submitted; fixed this
  • 8/30: Received email that application was moving to review phase
  • 9/8: Noticed that Accept/Decline button was available in the “Campus Experience” portal but no letter in the “Document Center”; later that day, letters for both acceptance and GAP were available in Document Center; still no email notification from Pitt
  • 9/10 (a Saturday): received email to check document portal
5 Likes

She sounds like a great candidate! Good luck with the Honors school and with merit!

First I apologize for the comment I’m about to make, it is not about anyone here it is about the system and how they review applications.

Anyone else getting frustrated seeing others being accepted when they applied after your applicant’s file went into review?

4 Likes

Decisions don’t follow the same exact path for each applicant. It can be longer or shorter, depending on the school at Pitt, the AO’s region, the applicant’s stats, when the university uploads a batch of acceptances, etc. The two accepted students who applied today had tippy top scores, so the review was likely quick and easy.

I know it’s hard to wait, but Pitt’s response times are pretty fast. I hope you and your student get good news soon!

1 Like

Trust me, I understand deeply :slight_smile:
We applied just after midnight on 8/1 and saw folks accepted sooner who applied later. It took just over a month from application to acceptance.
Just know that you are way ahead of most people, and at a rolling admission school that is literally first-come, first-served, you are in great shape.

3 Likes

Right there with you. And I know everyone is right that we just need to be patient, however, the longer it takes, the more I fear it’s going to be bad news. Perhaps it’s also good to take this as an opportunity to recognize that even bad news isn’t the end of the world. But, if I’m being honest, the anxiety is really tough right now. I’m just hoping the next few weeks don’t feel like forever!

5 Likes

My son got the Accept/Decline buttons 2 days back. Can someone please point me to where Document center is located?

My daughter got notification yesterday morning to check her document center and her acceptance letter and guaranteed masters acceptance letters were there dated 9/8. She hadn’t checked for buttons.

She applied 8/1
Got notification going to review 8/16

4.0/4.3 top 2% of high school class
8 APs, 6 DEs, AP scholar w distinction and NAARA/NRSTA. Typical ECs
Solid Sat score that was in their middle 50%, but applied test optional since not in top 25% of school of business prior year stats.
School of business - business undecided

She’s very relieved and happy.

4 Likes

All the links you need are on this page.
https://admissions.pitt.edu/update/

There’s a link to the document center down-page

Anyone hear back either way about admissions to the basw program, which probably still shows as undecided arts and sciences?