University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Winky1, was your daughter a Stamps Scholar?

1 Like

yep, same. Trying to remain optimistic, but the timeline compared to others who submitted to the same school later, has me fearing the worst. I can just keep hoping that they are waiting to see more applicants and that there is still a chance after some time! Trying to keep the faith!

5 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Winky1, Nice! One of my older kids was a Stamps Scholar too! Class of 2019. H2P!

2 Likes

Amazing. I will still congratulate you 7 years later from when it was awarded! Was your child one of the first at Pitt to receive the Stamps award? It blows my mind on a weekly basis when I think about it.

1 Like

Mine was in the second graduating class of Stamps Scholars. Amazing program and unbelievable award. So very grateful to both the foundation and to Pitt for this gift.

3 Likes

If you could change anything in the world, what would it be and why - something like that.

2 Likes

This is the prompt for Honors Essay, I am not sure if this is the same for Stamps also.

1 Like

Yes, I believe that is the prompt for both last year as well.

1 Like

Hi all @BoroDad here. My S18 son just graduated from Pitt Dietrich A&S. NJ-OOS.

Let me know if I can help in any way

I see some familiar names in CC

4 Likes

Hello Pitt applicants and parents of Pitt applicants, I need some guidance on deciding the school ( Dietrich college or arts and science vs School of Public health). I want to apply on pre-med track balancing the pre-med requirements and building foundations to take MCAT while majoring in a track that helps me to maintain my GPA.
I would like to hear feedback who is on similar road ? what were your analysis and how did you chose one(Public health) over another(College of sciences) ? How do you plan to achieve similar goal through majors ? Any advice/suggestion/feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks
D

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about which school it is. Try to decide what major you actually WANT and pick the school based on that.

What are you interested in? You donā€™t have an intended major? Itā€™s fine if you donā€™t and want to go in undecided, and then I would pick Arts and Sciences.

Iā€™m pretty sure the school of public health only has one undergraduate major. If you donā€™t know thatā€™s what you want then I probably wouldnā€™t think of applying to that school.

2 Likes

Have you heard anything yet?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no :frowning:

After application submission through UPitt web app and academic record submission through the SRAR, how long does it take to link the two? Will this happen automatically?

So sorry. Waiting is so hard!!

2 Likes

I think your child should call the admission and see.

1 Like

Within 2 weeks. Yes, automatically.

Iā€™m sorry! I know how stressful the waiting can be! Hoping you hear something very soon!

Thank you @johnmaysf. SRAR says 3-5 days. letā€™s see.