University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Swanson engineering

1 Like

Dietrich

2 Likes

Yes, same boat here. Went to review on Aug 17th. Stats are right in the middle for admitted students from last year for CS (both GPA and SAT scores) and a couple of Bs in 11th grade for AP Physics and Honors PreCalc. I think theyā€™re going to want to see Senior semester grades. Oh well. He really likes Pitt b/c CS is not in the engineering school.

S23 got the buttons on Friday late afternoon. We still have no letter in document center. We got an email today with a link to document center, but itā€™s just a letter about a Peoplesoft Id. Have other people waited this long between buttons and the admissions letter?

1 Like

A classmate from my S20ā€™s HS received GAP for medicine. He was a NMF, 4.0/1600 type. Also won one of the full-ride scholarships. Turned down Penn for Pitt GAP. Yes. Very competitive.

2 Likes

Did that person have a lot experience in medical research and clinical shadowing which are required for Med GAP?

Idk for sure but I would imagine so. Our HS has pretty good shadowing opportunities. Itā€™s a suburban HS in Pittsburgh so thereā€™s access to programs at Pitt and CMU. Good luck.

1 Like

My S20 at GT keeps in-touch. Heā€™s doing some analytics research right now on Covid. Heā€™s had outstanding opportunities at Pitt. I coached him in T-ball and even then I could tell he was exceptional.

I graduated from Pitt many years ago. If youā€™re interested in anything medical itā€™s hard to beat. I wasnā€™t a bio science major but worked in labs because there were so many student jobs.

1 Like

I know it is very competitive. Just hope to get into the next selection in December when a Med application will be sent out to be completed and letters of recommendation will be required at that time as well.

I said earlier, but we got buttons Friday afternoon before Labor Day and no doc center letter until Tuesday afternoon. It doesnā€™t look like the doc center updates during weekends.

1 Like

How long does it take to receive and process test scores on your file?

Yes, I can empathize with you on that. Spouse and DC didnā€™t know they had to fill in the SRAR. So, we wasted weeks waiting for an answer until I looked more deeply into the situation. Meanwhile, we saw others getting accepted.

We all learned a lesson. Thankfully, this happened early (even if it feels late for a rolling school like Pitt) so we can do better in the future. :+1:

I hope you hear back soon!

@hopefulmom23 same for my son
Went to review 8/16
He got in touch with them on an unrelated issue and was told his application is complete from his side.
But still waiting on a decision.

1 Like

What major did he apply to? Can that have anything to do with it?

My son got a letter on August 15 stating that his application was complete but his buttons were fixed at ā€œpendingā€ until today where they changed to ā€œapplication completeā€. Does anyone know what that means? Does this mean he didnā€™t get in because they didnā€™t change to accept/decline? Thank you and thanks for all the good information posted here.

What do you see if you click on the Accept/Decline option?

He doesnā€™t have that option. The button read pending (for about a month after he received the letter that the application was complete) and now the button reads ā€œapplication completeā€. Thank you

1 Like

Wait! My apologies!! I looked at a different screen and it says accept/decline! So happy! BTW My daughter is graduating this year from Pittā€™s school of nursing! I have not one negative thing to say about the school. She absolutely loves Pitt, UPMC and the city of Pittsburgh. Sheā€™s staying!

6 Likes

Congrats!!! And since your older daughter knows all the ins and outs, please pass them on to us? Seriously, would love to soak in some knowledge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure! LMK what you want to know? I will try to help as best as I can! I really canā€™t say enough great things about the school and the city of Pittsburgh in general!

3 Likes