University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

FYI. My child applied 11/18. I just checked with admissions and they said don’t expect to hear before early February.

4 Likes

@Oglebee that’s a long time to wait!! My son is probably in the same boat

For those admitted, what are the next steps, especially with regards to housing? Should we put deposit for housing? Is it very competitive, date paid basis?

1 Like

I know! Where is the “rolling” part of rolling admissions? :laughing:

1 Like

Pitt housing is not on a date paid basis. There is no advantage to paying the housing deposit now.

5 Likes

Thank you, that is very helpful

Have any CS (SCI) OOS kids received any merit? My son has received nothing even though he has good stats and ECs.

3 Likes

No, not yet, waiting for grades to come out and then will figure it out

No - we’re pretty similar (OOS, CS, good stats).

2 Likes

Nothing here. Must have more CS majors than they know what to do with.

3 Likes

Still no award info.

2 Likes

Yes looks like that :grinning:

1 Like

I also tried to find parent groups on Facebook and joined two, but not sure if either are valid.

Any merit in us starting our own?? :slight_smile:

Well, I’m happy to join a legit one and sure, we would be the natural choices, because we’re already obsessed and have scienced the s** out of this, as Matt Damon would say.

That said, while I do noodle around way too much on CC, I know that the FB parents groups of large universities are immense time sucks for the admins, and that kind of dedication I do not have.

Very true. Are you a part of this one? Pitt Class of 2027 - Parents and Families
While not endorsed by Pitt, it seems “normal” so far.

2 Likes

That one looks right. You don’t want the “Humans of University” page. I am a 2026 mom, if I can help with anything feel free to DM me.

1 Like

I’m a part of a Pitt Engineering fb parents group that has been helpful as well if you want the information on that?

I’d be interested in checking that out.

2 Likes

It looks like that is a “Humans of University” page? I don’t know what that is, but they are listed as admin.

1 Like

Could you, please, share the ENG group? Thanks