University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

PITT PARENTS of Engineering Students-unofficial

They have been very helpful on quite a few different issues that are engineering specific- research, co-ops, etc…

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the entity I’m avoiding. A quick search indicates many problems with it. Like here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/mbtwar/what_is_the_group_humans_of_university/

2 Likes

Same for us

My son is a business student. If anyone hears of another page, please let me know!

Also, while here, anyone have good recommendations for places to eat at Admitted Students Weekend? Thanks!

1 Like

We have never had a bad meal at the Porch. Solid variety and good food and right next to Cathy. We have found Pittsburgh to be a foodie town and there are a lot of great restaurants. Kaya in the strip district is another favorite… Kaya – Menu

For an incredible (and expensive) Sunday brunch try the Grand Concourse. It is an old train station and is beautiful. The food did not disappoint. You will definitely need to reserve ahead of time! https://www.grandconcourserestaurant.com/

4 Likes

We went to Girasole in Shadyside after graduation in the Spring, and it was great. Need a reservation.
Also, a cool and casual spot on N. Craig Street in North Oakland is Butterjoint.

2 Likes

I applied beginning of December for the College of Engineering and still have not received my decision. Any idea of when that would come out for me? I am seeing some people from a while ago who still have not heard back.

Roughly 6-8 weeks. Decision email came yesterday (1/10) for 11/7/2022 application to CoE for Comp Sci, although email with link to access decisions document (https://ermpitt.force.com/OAFA/s/) came on 1/7 and the actual decision document was posted on 1/5.

Our son’s portal was just updated today with the “Accept or Decline” buttons. He submitted his application on Nov. 23 and applied to Dietrich. Based on other’s posts, I guess he can expect to receive an “official” email in the next couple of days?

2 Likes

Congrats! You could check his Document Center for his acceptance letter too!

1 Like

That one is the Humans of University one. :frowning:

Applied to Dietrich 12/06, moved into review phase 12/12, got decision back on 01/09 but I didn’t get an email until 01/11.

My daughter is also weighing Pitt and UofSC.

2 Likes

D was accepted to Dietrich for English! Went into review in mid November. Letter in portal but didn’t receive email yet. Waiting on merit/aid.

6 Likes

Are you OOS?
We are in-state and when I run the Pitt NPC I do not get any merit info - tried with varying data and…nada. Says merit is calculated separately and is not included in NPC.

I havent run Pitt’s calculator, but NPCs typically only include need based aid

2 Likes

Right, but @waynefam is referring to @coldwombat and @njdad7 's posts a few days ago, where they used the NPC and got Pitt grants to show up.
fwiw, I’m instate and also could not get any merit to show. Was wondering whether they had changed the tool or something.

4 Likes

I applied to UPitt for Dietrich and one of their programs on 10/11. I got my acceptance to Dietrich on 11/22. However, I also haven’t gotten any emails regarding financial aid or merit scholarships.

1 Like

@luluheart - thanks for sharing - that’s a long delay! please let us know when you do get it

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll make sure to!

1 Like