University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Has anyone seen merit or honors college information? Guessing those are to come?

1 Like

My daughter was accepted OOS and accepted into the Chancellor’s Honors Program but no mention of merit.

Any mention of merit?

My daughter was accepted into nursing, which as her first choice.

3 Likes

DD accepted to 2nd choice major, nursing pending…… but I think she might withdraw the nursing b/c she is really thinking kinesiology

1 Like

Deferred 1530 OOS

1 Like

Is the decision in the Next Steps tab? My son does not see any changes to that portal. He completed the SRAR on the same day he received it and shows received on 11/4/22.

2 Likes

Thanks! She knew getting Haslam would be very difficult, especially being OOS.

Exploratory track admit with Nursing pending - no real good explanation of what that means or how long the wait. No info on scholarships etc -

1 Like

My daughter was also accepted directly into Nursing also! She is so excited!

3 Likes

No mention of merit but being admitted into Honors I would hope she would get offered something, especially given that we are OOS.

Same here! Can’t find it.

1 Like

Yes very odd!!

Refresh your portal. Our letter changed and now includes the merit.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, Sweating bullets in Georgia

Daughter was accepted
OOS - college of engineering (aerospace)
3.7 GPA
1540 SAT
Merit Included

1 Like

Son was accepted to Haslam college of business. The merit $$ was missing at first but showed up on second viewing.

3 Likes

Accepted OOS with merit, 4.1W, 3 sport varsity athlete, 8 APs, PT job and lots for ECs/leadership from top public HS. For what it’s worth for people reading it next year, we did NOT have anything under the Resources tab before acceptance. Congratulations to those who have been accepted, and those who were deferred, do not lose heart! This year has been crazy for so many schools. We had another surprising deferral from another school at what we thought was a pretty sure thing. I think they are playing it safe and will accept a lot more in the regular round.

2 Likes

No merit mentioned….but I thought they give automatic merit based on gpa and scores……at least we were told that at the visit.

Deferred.
OOS 27 ACT
3 years XXCountry
Band
200 volunteer hours
Bright Futures Scholar

We were deferred Clemson as well
BUT it’s not a NO

This was his reach. He has got into 8 other colleges with over 180K scholarships

BUT VOLS was a top. Dang!

Sending congrats to all!

3 Likes

Check again. The letter didn’t have it but the info on the portal did.