University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Same with mine.

1 Like

Same :frowning:

1 Like

I really wish that college admissions offices could partner more effectively with their respective campus IT depts to prevent these sorts of newly-added ā€˜buttonsā€™ from showing up in the applicant portal several hours (if not days) before admissions decisions go ā€œlive.ā€ I saw this sort of snafu with my older kid too, albeit with other college admissions portals. Just keep the portals unchanged until the stated release time, then let the updates occur. How hard is that?!

6 Likes

I have seen it on other portals over the years with my other kids and then this year with several other schools as well.

1 Like

I agree. I think I need to stay off CC from here on out so at least I donā€™t know about them. I do remember this happening with another school with my son a few years ago. I guess in the end, the result is what it is, but it certainly causes an additional level of stress.

1 Like

i have decline admission only on desktop. 1470 oos 8 aps and crazy amount of extra curricular

Decisions are out. My son was accepted, after 5 deferrals this is a piece of good news (he has 4 other acceptance). Good luck to everyone on this thread, youā€™ve been a wealth of information.

2 Likes

also accepted after a few deferrals. go vols and congrats to everyone else that was accepted!

1 Like

My daughter was accepted OOS with admission to Chancellorā€™s Honors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

YAY Daughter accepted. Applied nursing. Accepted to 2nd choice-kinesiology- while they continue to review nursing. From what I can gather, this seems to be the norm. Would love to hear about other nursing applicants.

2 Likes

As expected after today, deferred. 4th deferral and no acceptances. Very unhappy.

1 Like

do you know where to find information about the honors programs? applied to leadership but wasnā€™t expecting it

1 Like

Congrats all. Where do you see merit?

My son was accepted and to Nursing! We cannot believe itā€¦ thought best case was being admitted to second major

3 Likes

Same here- accepted to 2nd choice major while they review for nursing. We are wondering if anyone was directly accepted to nursing at this step, and also how long before they will release nursing decisions.

1 Like

Daughter accepted direct to nursing. Honestly shocked because we didnā€™t expect anyone to get admitted to nursing now. So excited to have that direct in pocket as she waits for a few more apps that are out there- and does some visits now! Super excited but have a Bama soph daughter that is not happy her sister is even considering UT.

3 Likes

It says in the letter on her portal that she has been accepted into UT and into the Chancellorā€™s program. She also applied to Haslam but no mention of it so Iā€™m guessing she isnā€™t a finalist for that?

My daughter was admitted for Nursing
OOS
4.3wGPA, 1370 SAT
4 APs, all high honors classes
Excellent extra curriculars
Merit/Scholarship wasnā€™t mentioned

1 Like

My daughter same. Second choice and I hear itā€™s very common to have a delayed nursing

2 Likes

thatā€™s what iā€™m assuming too. congrats to her! a great option in her pocket now

2 Likes