University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My son missed the EA deadline. But interested in what people think. Would he have gotten in EA with the following stats.

UW 3.93
W 4.33
1360 SAT
4 AP
2 Duel Enrollment
All honors core classes

Business major.

If it helps the UTK portal says his WGPA is 4.5.

3 Likes

We got nursing under review as well
. But I think my DD is going to take her second major because she is rethinking what she wants to do. I think that they will look more in depth at the applications for under review. Sounds like your DD has a great chance with her EMT experience!

When my S21 applied, Haslam invitations went out at a different time than acceptances. So may be yet to come!

3 Likes

DD admitted to Tickle College of Engineering and Honors Leadership Program.
OOS
UW 4.0
W 4.5
1540 SAT
8 AP

2 Likes

D23 admitted to Nursing School with Volunteer Scholarship. :grinning:
OOS
W 4.0
ACT 33 (35 Math 33 Science)
7 AP

2 Likes

My daughter got deferred, for business. I noticed people applying to nursing got in. Congratulations! With deferred Don’t be surprised if they offer you study abroad for first semester then can go to campus.

1 Like

D23 was admitted into College of Arch and Design and Honors Leadership program. Also granted the Volunteer Scholarship for $15k/yr.

OOS
UW: 4.0. Weighted: 4.5
ACT: 31
8-10 APs and Dual Enrollment classes
Varsity athlete for 4 years
Class rank is top 30% (out of 450)

Even with scholarship, UT is $10k more than our in-state options which she will find out at end of January.

Congrats to all who got in! Just doing a little back of the napkin math as it seems almost everyone admitted EA would have qualified for an honors program. But I’m seeing that those accepted for Honors were in the top 25% of what UTK reported for applications this round for both ACT and GPA. Which would mean a 4.3 UT GPA and a 30 ACT. Might help to clarify why some of our kids didn’t make the cut.

4 Likes

Accepted to Haslam College of Business.

Out of State,
UTK GPA 3.9,
SAT 1350.

Daughter was rejected for honors. 4.45 UTK GPA, 1400 SAT, 500 hours voluntary service, athlete, etc.

Daughter accepted with 15k merit
OOS
Biology (pre health)
32 ACT
3.9 UW, 4.4W
7 AP (all 4s and 5s)
2 DE (one is getting CNA)
Very competitive public high school
Took all health field related electives
Top 10% in the state, lots of honor societies, lots of leadership positions, summer work, peer tutor, service over self club
EC’s - dedicated dancer with varsity dance team and school dance company, private dance company member, Chicago youth training company, taught special needs high school kids dance
Excellent essays

1 Like

Can I ask a question, and I would love to hear from others who were accepted. These stats are amazing. Is Tennessee your child’s first choice? Will she be attending?

1 Like

Then my theory is incorrect!

TN is my daughters first choice but that was predicated on her getting into the Honors program as she felt the benefits moved it ahead of some of the more competitive schools she applied to. However, the merit $$ will probably keep it as her first choice.

2 Likes

My DD’s top choices are UVA (deferred) and Wisconsin which comes out in January.

UT not DD’s first choice. She will be attending Georgia Tech in ME

Without Honors college- unlikely to attend.

3 Likes

Tennessee is my child’s first choice. She might visit one of college before committing, but they haven’t given any scholarships.

2 Likes

In the top three for my son, possibly first choice.

UGA is my daughter’s first choice, but she was deferred. She’s been accepted to Tennessee, Auburn and Clemson
.but since we live in Georgia, we are hoping for an acceptance to UGA.

1 Like