University of the Pacific - Dorms

I just recently got accepted into the biology program at UOP and got a chance to tour the campus. One of my main concerns after touring the campus is the dorm rooms. They took me into one of the residence halls, but I felt like the dorms felt kind of old. I was wondering if any current or past UOP students could please comment on how they personally feel or felt about living in the dorms?? And also, if I were to attend UOP, which residence hall would be considered the best one to live in for freshman? Thank you in advance!

Hi! I’m a freshman at UOP. I felt the same way when i toured. The dorms are a bit older (they were built a long time ago), but when i moved in, i was surprised that my room is clean and comfortable, and doesn’t smell old. The walls look old, but everything in the room works alright, so i dont have any complaints about the dorms. I dont think there’s that many choices for residence halls - i think you can either pick the honors dorm, international dorm, or quads for freshmen. I haven’t been in all the residence halls, but i think they’re about the same - 3 floors, less than 100 people, gendered floors.

Thank you for your response! Your message helped to clear up my concerns. Thanks again!