University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

Same. OOS for Engineering and waiting …

I do not believe the decisions are out for the large majority of applicants. Only seemingly a handful of people reporting and mostly with special circumstances. Remember, the school said March 9-15, so I suspect Thursday or Friday.

3 Likes

I think this must be what they meant by “batches”

2 Likes

It also seems like in state and not oos being notified.

2 Likes

Technically batches perhaps, but if similar to prior years one of those batches will have ~60,000 in it.

1 Like

Good luck to all. Last year was more intense than usual. Seems like this year is no better. Roll with the punches. My D22 had an terrible March in terms of getting rejected by colleges. She is at UDub thriving right now. She is OOS and it wasn’t one of her top choices in terms of dollars being spent. Things work out for the best.

3 Likes

What is her major ?

pre-sciences. went into UDub with 50 credits or so. (she will aim for a double major. Psyc and Sociology are at the top of her list)

2 Likes

if you don’t mind, could you share her stats?

1 Like

Sounds like that UC system is really struggling to keep up w/ the CA student population. Too bad for so many talented CA graduates who would like to go to a great school and stay in-state. We feel pretty fortunate to have UW in the state- challenging to get in, but still attainable. Glad it all worked out for your daughter!

5 Likes

Hopefully, my D22 experience makes everyone feel a bit better if things don’t go your kids way. LOL. It was for sure a roller coaster

4.5 weighted, 12 AP courses, 6 AP exams (all passed), 4 yr varsity/travel softball player, environmental club vp, honor society, other typical volunteer work.

Applied to 9 colleges in CA (0-9). Cal (rejected), UCLA (rejected), Irvine (rejected), Davis (waitlist, rejected), Santa Cruz (waitlist, rejected), UC Santa Barbara (waitlist, rejected) Cal Poly Slo (rejected), UC San Diego (waitlist, rejected), San Diego State (waitlist, rejected).

She loved Washington, but prefered to stay in state. Cost aside, she is happy at UDub :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s tough! What program did she apply for?

This is nice to hear that she is thriving at UW, its definitely a special school. My D21 was in a similar situation, CA-instate with some disappointing UC results, but fell in love with UW after a visit. Would have attended had she not gotten off a WL.

1 Like

Nvm

And plenty of kids are accepted to those schools w/ similar and less. It’s too bad, just feels like luck of the draw at times. Great that she was accepted to UW and is thriving!

1 Like

That is horrible. California needs to implement a better guarantee system based on academics. I know the UCs have one for really top students, but more needs to be done. Really absurd.

100%, I’ve been admitted to too many schools OOS that I can’t afford but may be forced to go to because of how impossible the UCs are. Iirc they’re only dropping Non-Res acceptance to about 18%, which I feel is laughable seeing how they can’t even serve the local pop, hoping they follow Illinois, Texas, and Wash with the much lower OOS quotas.

1 Like

Public colleges shouldn’t be admitting non-residents at 18% period. They’re funded by our state and tax money.

This is also a big problem at UW as well. Although out of state admissions isn’t the reason, they simply don’t have enough space to accommodate people which is unfortunate. UW Seattle is the only decent CS program in the area, and the fact they have reject 4.0 students with stellar academics and extracurriculars is beyond disappointing.

1 Like

Personally I have been rejected/deferred/waitlisted from every OOS I applied to even with a strong academic profile (4.0 UW GPA, 15 APs all scored 4 or 5, high test scores etc.) and decent essays. My extracurriculars were average which I kind of regret. UW Seattle is my only hope for a decent CS education left, otherwise I will have to settle for UW Bothell.

1 Like