University of Washington, Seattle Waitlist 2025

when are appeals due?

1 Like

FYI, my daugher is on the waitlist and actually did an appeal and got denied within a few days, however was told sheā€™s still on the waitlist. We are OOS. Pretty much donā€™t have much faith in making it off the waitlist, but thatā€™s ok.

1 Like

Any advice on the 100 word essay? It uses the word ā€œschoolingā€. Does that include extracurriculars, ā€“ swim team captain, more scuba certifications? I would start a new thread, but donā€™t see a place to do so.

I have a quick question. So I was invited on the portal to the waitlist but I noticed that anyone who applied could access the waitlist form as well. Does this mean that anyone can apply because I know some students who applied by manually looking up the waitlist link.

Iā€™m pretty sure people who werenā€™t asked to join the waitlist cannot fill out the form. Before you even fill out the form they ask for your netID to make sure youā€™ve been offered a place in the waitlist.

1 Like

Do you think they will take any more people off the waitlist before the May 1st college acceptance deadline? This college decision choice and waiting is a bit stressful!

3 Likes

Did you submit an appeal as well?

Declining my offer of admission so someone in here can get off the waitlist! I do this for my squad, I do this for my gang, I do this for my squad, I do this for my gang!

8 Likes

Congrats! Did you receive an email or did you check the portal?

I did, but it was like 2 days before I got accepted so Iā€™m not sure if it actually helped

1 Like

I did not get an email

We called and asked about appealing for general admission and they said there is no deadline but they encourage them as soon as possible. You may want to clarify for your own situation by calling admissions.

1 Like

I applied to Computer Science was wait-listed and my dad got an email on saturday saying I was admitted to College of Arts and Sciences (as a pre major like you i think) but my netID portal doesnt show an update. I didnt recieve any emails either. I am not sure how normal this route is (pre-major) to a capacity constrained degree.

Congrats! Are you out of state?

Thank you! I submitted an appeal as well which was denied the day prior to the email interestingly.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing if you are in state or OOS? And did they give you until 5/1 to commit?

In-state. I didnt recieve the email. My dad got the email as a forward of an email sent to me from the College of Arts and Sciences. I assume I got off the waitlist as an undeclared major / pre-major. I dont have the details on the 5/1 date but since my sister got into college of arts and sciences as a pre-major earlier last month, I assume the date is the same. I sent a note to the admissions office today. Lets see as I find out more information.

1 Like

I sent my appeal letter a couple days ago, letā€™s see what they say!

1 Like

Will UW email you if they accept or decline your appeal?

I think email, I sent my appeal a week ago Iā€™m waiting to hear back now