University of Washington, Seattle Waitlist 2025

I am planning to appeal since there were a lot of things I wasn’t able to talk about in my application

same there, its weird some of the uc’s I got into have much lower acceptance rates then uw

1 Like

Thank you for the insights! About a week ago I received an email back from Foster about the appeal process. I was instructed to write a one-page appeal letter with no extra supplements. Given that I am from NJ and really like the idea of UW, I may still visit/appeal but you are right, a direct admit really would be nice haha. I got into a few other great business schools such as Wisconsin-madison. The idea of having to reapply to foster as a student given its competitiveness is a bit of a turn-off even though I deem myself a well-equipped student. Thanks again, I certainly have a lot to think about!

My son appealed (from the waitlist) on Tuesday March 16. Yesterday afternoon, Friday March 26, his NetID message changed from the previous “we could not offer you a place…” to “we are considering your application…” A few hours after that, it changed again to “Congratulations!”

So his appeal took 10 days. He is in-state. Oh, and he has never gotten any emails from UW about receiving his original application or his appeal, or telling him to check the portal - he just checks it every day.

Good luck to the rest of you - I hope your appeals are successful and the waitlist moves quickly!

7 Likes

Congratulations! That is amazing. Do you feel comfortable sharing what he generally wrote about?

Congrats! It didn’t look like too many had success with appeals last year. Good for him!

He focused on “why are you a fit for this campus, now.” He explained that UW’s other campuses didn’t offer his desired major. He said that he’d done an internship the prior summer at a UW-Seattle lab and wanted to continue working there, in his chosen field, for several years. His letter of recommendation was from the lab director who said some very flattering things about the value he added to the lab. Because his original application didn’t allow letters of recommendation, he couldn’t initially show that as effectively.

3 Likes

Hi there. Just curious if there is anyone seeking admission into a music major at UW who is still waiting to hear back from the department (as opposed to UW itself). Thanks!

Is there a reference for that ranking?

Just got admitted of off the waitlist (in state)

4 Likes

Congrats! Did you a notification? I just checked my status - No updates…

How long did they give you to deposit? Thanks!

I got a financial aid notice last night, but nothing about a change in status so I just decided to check this morning

May 1st

1 Like

Congrats!

Amazing! Big congratulations!

What was your major?

I applied as engineering, but was accepted as a premajor for arts and sciences

I got the same email but no update to my portal still on the waitlist :frowning:

have any oos students gotten off the waitlist yet?