University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

Is there a certain time of day when Wisconsin releases admission decisions each year?

They seem to like evening decision releases around 7:00 central time based on prior years.

This was not easy to find on my portal but are others seeing this? A good sign or mean nothing?

2 Likes

I’ve taken Dual Enrollment classes at UW-Madison and can say that it is there as soon as the NetID is activated and prior to acceptance. It is just the default landing for the course selection component of the portal.

I am relatively sure it has been there since the account was activated. People are likely just noticing it as they explore the portal and await a decision.

4 Likes

So does everyone think the results will be announced later today/tonight?

4 Likes

I hope so!! Does 7 p.m. central seem to be the expected time of any release?

1 Like

Could’ve been yesterday. Could be today. Could be Monday and even Tuesday in reality. TBD but excitedly waiting

My daughter, now a sophomore at Madison was accepted mid day in mid December. Last year was on a Friday evening. Not much of a pattern so we will know when we know.

My (cynical) guess is whatever date has given them the most time to do an initial pass of the RD apps that they’ve had since Jan. 17…if they were able to do that by today, then today is as good as any!

Good luck, all!

Last year was Friday evening. Good luck!

2 Likes

This is a really interesting point. Last year they didnt know the total application count when making EA decisions. This year they do. Suggests maybe more direct YES/NO respones tonight versus the deferral concept that most schools are seeming to adopt to give themselves more time to see what is in the RD pool.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there an announcement (via social media?) by Wisconsin this week that decisions were being released today? I seem to recall someone mentioned that on this thread this week.

1 Like

Last year was 8:00 EST, Friday Jan 28. Good luck everyone

there was also a glitch last year around 12:00 est that showed applicants a page for SOAR (student orientation) if they were admitted.

2 Likes

looks like this for me

4 Likes

How did you access it?

2 Likes

https://reservations.soar.wisc.edu/

Mine shows error

2 Likes

I’m a current student at uw and this is what I see. On my friends who is an applicant it has an error.

1 Like