University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

I’m kind of on the fence about LOCI. We are in the same situation. However, we have had to advisors read their waitlist letter. And the letter is very clear that they do not want any additional correspondence unless they ask for it. And the advisers said it is a huge turn off and shows that we are not reading instructions if we do something but they specifically tell us not to do…:frowning: we were deferred early action, and then waitlisted regular decision

1 Like

Our counselor told us to move on and don’t miss other college’s scholarship acceptance deadlines, housing pick dates, admitted student days, etc.

Last year, 11 of over 3,000 or 4,000 on the wait list were admitted. Even if they increase the number taken off the waitlist and admitted to 100-300 (which our counselor does not predict because nothing about this year would change the strong returns that WI has with a high percentage of admitted kids choosing to enroll), those are still not great odds. There also seems to be unclear information about how they choose people off the waitlist. Some people say it’s random…but I have no idea. Our counselor believes the wait list is as big as prior years; however, WI has not shared data yet for this year.

If data is released, please share if you get access to it because I will be curious what the numbers look like in a year when WI intentionally wants to decrease the size of its freshman class.

1 Like

We are awaiting our college counselor’s advice. We won’t send anything until we are told it is ok to do so. Our kid is a rule follower. They just have a LOCI written for other waitlists so started working on one for Wisco, just in case.

We had applied for BS in Computer Science and our acceptance letter offers us admission in Letters and Sciences with no mention of CS. However, CS does fall in the domain of L & S. Does it mean we have been admitted to CS and are guaranteed pre-req CS courses, and will be able to declare it as a major if we meet GPA requirements?

No one is directly accepted to comp sci. You declare the major after finishing an initial sequence of classes. Most declare sophomore year. I have not heard anyone having issues getting those classes. They will open seats/sections through SOAR season. My son is graduating in CS I this semester. Here is the link to how to declare the major

https://guide.wisc.edu/undergraduate/letters-science/computer-sciences/computer-sciences-bs/#howtogetintext

1 Like

New digs coming too. Building for the Future | On Wisconsin Magazine

Hey KaylaMidwest,
Congratulations and best wished for your son. How was the internship and Career fair opportunities? My son is on the hook between Purdue and Madison. Both are OOS for us but Madison is giving lot of AP Credits as compared to Purdue. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!

Probably depends on how many kids committed to UW get off waitlists at other schools. Waitlists seem to be huge everywhere now which is frustrating.
Also encourage your student’s friends who were accepted to decline their offers if they know they won’t be attending asap.

1 Like