University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

we were looking to sign up for My UW Day, which I think is a full day of activities that’s separate. There’s some March dates, but nothing for the full UW day in April. I think we’ll have to wait until RD decisions are out and they schedule the April dates (which will invariably conflict with other school visit dates…)

3 Likes

Hmmm, I was just going to have my son log into the portal to find info on admitted student day in April, but I guess we will have to wait. Would be nice to be able to plan.

1 Like

Decisions are out! Check your portal.

1 Like

Any chance waitlist moves?

Unfortunately it’s extremely unlikely. And that’s even an understatement.

1 Like

We went to the My UW EA Admitted Students day on Friday and it was excellent. It was a very full day with different sessions to choose, a tour, dining hall lunch, and a chance to meet the head of the dept my student applied to. We did not get to tour inside classrooms or dorms as school was in session but one breakout group went to a lecture class. It was a lot to take in. We definitely got a better sense of the university and city.

4 Likes

I do think wait list will be really hard to predict this year since they’re trying to go down with their freshman class size after last several years record breaking size classes.

If I were a betting person, I would guess they may have gone light on acceptances with the thought they may need to use the wait list because they’d prefer to have more control that way. But there’s just no way to know and it really depends on their yield.

You can set up a housing tour independantly when you’re on campus

2 Likes

I think you completely do not understand UW. Nobody there thinks that way. If they did they would have much more merit aid.

3 Likes

Nobody thinks what way? What’s your take on the (probably fictitious) applicant at hand? You’ve not been a part of this discussion, and then a month after it’s over you show up and tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about without providing anything constructive. Are you on the Board of Regents?

1 Like

I was actively involved and trained by UW admissions to rep UW at numerous college fairs. I used to be very active here for years but quit when they changed hands and format. I have been involved with UW for over 50 years including serving on an advisory board covering Honors programs other special academic programs. I was friends with both the former dean of the B School and the L&S dean. I have followed it very closely so I am pretty sure I do know how they think and what they value.

1 Like

That’s great but you still haven’t answered either of the first two questions I just posed (the rhetorical question to which you did respond was a joke based on the tone of your initial post - sorry, should have indicated as much). Nor have you given any specifics to build out your initial condescending drop-in, a month after a discussion is over, “You’re ignorant” comment, with no explanation, to a person you’ve never interacted with on this board. You can see why this would rub someone the wrong way, no?

1 Like

no. You were ignorant. Now you have been educated by me. No charge. BTW if you had just clicked on my profile you would have seen this: “Joined Aug 19, 2004” Many here were not even born yet.

Why don’t you two cut it out.

1 Like

Yes so much going on here. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Now I remember why I left. It was dying.

We have a situation where we are dealing with a wait list. Probably a very slim chance this year:( Any advice?

1 Like

Happily. Three responses from that poster with no engagement on substance = I’ll be moving on. It was a hypothetical discussion upthread, anyway.

Good luck to folks heading to Madison this fall!

1 Like

Last year was near zero. This year smaller target class but far fewer admits. My guess is more taken off waitlist. Several 100 or so. A significant number.

2 Likes

Oh, I pray you are correct. Deferred from EA and then waitlisted. Our high SAT/straight A student really wants to attend. Working on LOCI now but not much new information to add after the deferral LOCI. Super frustrating…

4 Likes

Thank you for this insight. My son is in a similar position. Our daughter is a junior at Wisconsin, and it has been his dream school for years.

2 Likes

Identical scenario here.