University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

My D got admitted to College of Letters and Sciences today. Major CS. OOS Student.

I got WL

Daughter accepted to College of Letters and Sciences (second choice after Engineering) after a deferral. Major CS. OOS. 32 ACT/4.05 W GPA. So-so EC and essays. Congrats to all who were accepted.

D accepted to CS major in college of L and S. OOS, 1540 SAT, 4.0 unweighted GPA

D accepted to CS major in college of L and S. OOS, 1530 SAT,
She applied CS but the web portal says “Intended Program General Course - BS Degree”
What can we do? Thanks

She has to take one computer science course with a C or better and then she can declare it as her major.

Thanks much for your info …not sure how much difficulty it would be for the major

is there an accepted students facebook or group me?

Yes. It’s called “UW-Madison Official Class of 2023”

Last night, I got an email notifying me that I got the Powers-Knapp Scholarship. OOS.

HOUSING QUESTION
ok so basically i was just wondering if chadbourne hall is social or not! I also really want to know if there are private dorms at UW Madison because where im from they are a big thing! lmk your opinions on chad and the private dorms plz

For those of you thinking of CS, you might want to read this article. I am an alumni with a BS in Computer Sciences.

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/education/university/student-demand-for-computer-science-straining-uw-madison-department-resources/article_344acba7-e337-5c3c-81a7-4376172f0d74.html

Question about scholarship:

We are OOS. Does Winsconsin (Colleg of Agriculture and Life Sciences) match scholarship from other public schools like UWashington or UMD? Or is the scholarship negotiable at all?

Never heard of negotiation or matching other schools. UW is currently upping its numbers of scholarships- historically very few, especially for freshmen/OOS. Have not chosen to vie for students with merit money in the past.

does you admission letter say CS, my daughters portal says general course

When does waitlist come out?

There’s a thread for waitlist already, but a few decisions have been released already and more will be released as may 1st passed because people’s portals automatically decline admission. Decisions are made based on space for majors