University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

ACCEPTED OOS NJ

Political Science Major
34 ACT
3.8 unweighted / 4.5 Weighted
8 APs

Hi, so I was accepted however my page says “ No major Code BA” under academic plan and also “Admitted to pre business” under decision. Was wondering what the no major code BA meant and if pre business means I didn’t meet requirements for DA to the business school?

Accepted!
OOS (California)
Political Science
1350 SAT (710 Eng, 640 Math)
4.25 weighted, 3.89 unweighted (I think)
Tons of extracurriculars (sports, mock trial club, diversity club founder, around 75 hours of community service, part time job, town youth commission, etc.)
Really didn’t think I would get in. I’m shocked
Very strong essays

ACCEPTED OOS/In State CT/WI
(I got to boarding school in CT so I got a decision with Connecticut students but I live in WI)

• 34 ACT, 35 super scored
  • 4.0 unweighted GPA, 4.7 weighted plus research intern for UCONN medical in the stem cell lab as an extra “class”
  • 8 APs

ALSO accepted to Biochemistry

Son accepted OOS CA, Major - Computer science

1550 SAT 3.94 UW

Accepted!
Oos, IL
Gpa 3.5 uw 3.9 weighted
Act 33
Worked four jobs, volunteered at an animal shelter, at church, soup kitchen
NHS, NAHS, no sports tho
I played chess - national level? 4 missions trip to Guatemala. + more

Admitted to animal sciences!

Forgot to mention 7 aps

Daughter applied Business/Marketing (#1), Journalism (#2) OOS - IL ACT 29; UW 3.9; W 4.9. Eng - 35 Reading - 33 Math - 29 Science - No comment :slight_smile:

Checked portal yesterday - Major changed to “no major code ba” from business and status was changed to “change prog/degree objective”
Just received decision so it appears (from others too) that if major changed, it may be related to some kind of acceptance.

Anyone know how difficult it is to go from Pre-Business to Business/Marketing? What GPA is required?

Good luck to everyone. If you don’t get what you want, don’t be discouraged. The guy way upstairs will take care of you! Daughter got her #1 choice Thursday, so this was a bonus. We will evaluate all merit/options before deciding.

Accepted
MD
1480 SAT
4.4 W GPA
3.67 UW GPA
Chemical engineering

Accepted
OOS MA
34 ACT
3.75 UW
biochem major

Accepted to chemical engineering

Accepted, Engineering
OOS MN
35 ACT, 3.9/4 unweighted
5 AP
NMSF
Summer research intern

DD Accepted
34 ACT 1500 SAT
4.0 UW 4.4 W
NMSF
Illinois

ACCEPTED!! OOS (FL). Full tuition for 4 years!

Does UW Madison reject anyone in early action or do they only defer applicants that they don’t accept?

I was accepted. But on my acceptance letter it says admitted to college of letters and sciences. However, my academic plan says computer science, which was my first choice major. So was I admitted to computer science?

@Kepler2020 - I think CS is withing college of Letters and Science

@Kepler2020 CS is in the College of Letters and Sciences. Can I ask you what your stats are? My son is a bit shocked at being deferred at the moment.

1540 SAT (800 Math)
4.00 UW, 4.35 Weighted
5/328 Rank
NHS, National Science Honors Society, Mu Alpha Theta
4 year athlete (soccer and track)
Lots of service hours (not much leadership there, though)
Will have 7 AP classes when all is done (4 last year, 3 this year)
Maryland Resident
Engineering/Computer Science

Anyone else accepted from Long Island?