University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

I’m confused about the financial aid aspect… is it coming out later? And what does the number next to Total Aid mean in my Need Summary? How does it compare to my Estimated need, or will we find all of this out later?

Admitted!!!
OOS - MN
Industrial Engineering
ACT - 35 (34 math/English, 35 science/reading)
UW GPA - 4.0/4.0

APs: 10th - Physics 1 (4), Spanish Lang (5), Calc AB (4, later 5 subscore). 11th - Calc BC (4), Lang (3) 12th - Physics C, Stats, 3D Studio Arts. Also in multivariable calc which isn’t AP but it is the highest math at my school

National Hispanic scholar. Varsity soccer 3 years - captain senior year. Varsity track 4 years - captain senior year. Deca 3 years - Officer senior year. Student Council 4 years - member at large senior year. NHS two years. Student of the Year for Leukemia and Lymphoma society. Work at Caribou Coffee for 1 year.

Wrote my essay about beating cancer sophomore year and my recovery/return to sports and life.

Also, i didn’t have any changes on my portal before hand, so don’t read in to that too much.

@elenmaryk8 where is NY are you from?

Admitted - Computer Science - (OOS - CA)

SAT 1490 (Math 780) UW GPA 3.97; WGPA 4.36
5 AP’s so far (All 5’s), 2 WIP in senior year, 2 honor classes
Decent EC, Job in CS and I guess decent essay…

Some good news after being denied by UIUC (CS)

Good luck everyone !!

I’m genuinely confused as to how I got rejected… and my college counselors said that wisco was a “likely” for me

Admitted!
OOS- Maryland
Pre-nursing
1460 SAT superscore (700 math, 760 english)
4.0/4.79 GPA
8 APs (3 this year)

Proud of common app essay, 3 sports, 10 years of piano, head lifeguard at summer job, internship at hospital

Daughter admitted elementary education, OOS MA, SAT 1380, GPA 3.95 school doesn’t weight, substantial volunteering with children, strong writer. She is excited, WI was her stretch school, not sure if she will attend, she has 4 really interesting acceptances now and we will see! Congrats to all accepted and good luck to everyone else.

Son accepted!!
OOS NY
Admitted to business
36 ACT
3.7 U/W GPA

Here!!!

Hello! I am OOS, and I have not received a email regarding any sort of delay with my decision. On that note, I also see no sign of a decision on my Admissions Portal. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? I am super anxious to hear from UWM because it is my top choice and have been on edge all week!

@2024class I’m from Queens NYC

Accepted Letters and Sciences (MD)

Deferred, 33 ACT 4.2 UW out of 4.5 lots of EC, varsity sports and honor societies. Honestly very surprised, naviance made this a definite yes from our HS. Will have to send first semester grades. OOS NY. Probably 60 kids from the HS applied.

Accepted Letters and Sciences (MN)
3.97 unweighted GPA
29 ACT
Lots of great extracurriculars, leadership, etc.
9 duel enrollment and AP courses

I got my acceptance at 7:00 and I just got an email saying my decision is available

Daughter Admitted OOS(Illinois)
Psychology
1510 SAT
3.9 UW/4.8W
Will finish with 13AP

Daughter Accepted

Out of State (Florida)
UW GPA 3.96
W GPA 5.0
SAT 1300
Ranked 15/565 Top 3%
TENNIS TEAM 3 YEARS
BOWLING TEAM 3 YEARS
Started not for Profit club at School as Co President
NHS
300+ community service hours focused on 2 organizations one of which she was Co-President
5 Dual Enrollment Classes ( 3 more Dual Enrollment classes in Senior Year)
7 AP/AICE Classes (AICE is like AP) - (currently in 4 more AP Classes Senior Year plus 2 dual enrollment) the remaining all honors level
Senior Schedule 6 AP/AICE/Dual Enrollment and 1 honors

I am hoping the award showing on portal is not the final award, mine just shows the federal loans… is anyone’s (who is OOS) award showing school financial aid or grants?

@jayrow
Tulane

Admitted

OOS- NJ
Business- Direct Admit
31 ACT
GPA 3.75 UW
GPA -4.25 W
10 APs

Lots of ECs both in and out of school. Good leadership positions.