University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

I don’t think so

My Portal does not work right now…
I believe they are doing somethings

In MD. My daughters portal does not have this. 3.7 GPA UW, 4.4W, 32 ACT. 9 APs, 15 honors classes. From looking at accepted students in the past, her GPA is borderline; almost everyone accepted had higher GPAs, with the cutoff seeming to be around a 3.8.

1 Like

We don’t have it. This was a reach school for my daughter. It seems pretty clear those who have it are in and those who don’t aren’t. Possibly those who don’t will be waitlisted but is best case scenario I’d imagine.

Disappointing though. My oldest got in with the first round of releases a few years back. She was an extremely strong applicant. She did not choose WI–went elsewhere. This daughter would accept WI within seconds, but…looks like it’s not meant to be. Maybe deferral we’ll hold out hope for that!

1 Like

I keep wondering if ppl who aren’t seeing the new student tab aren’t looking at myUW & just looking at their portal. I just feel bad, if it means nothing at least they should know everyone has the tab. I wish we could attach screenshots so ppl will know what we’re taking about.

1 Like

We are looking in the right place. We don’t have it but it’s a reach for my daughter so it lines up with not getting in (or possibly deferred, we are hoping!) Also tried logging in for Admitted Students and it said she could not access–it was only for Admitted Students.

Can someone chance me bc I’m feeling really nervous now since I don’t have the new student to-do list tab and I wasn’t able to access the admitted student events tab.

Finance, Investment, and Banking Major
OOS
4.64 W GPA / 3.88 UW GPA (they didn’t see this)
No SAT/ACT (1370 on PSAT)
4 AP’s / 8 Honors (my school treats both almost the same)
Football all 4 years (including JV Captain last year)
Soccer 2 years of high school (captain every year since 7th grade)
DECA / Economic and Business Speaker Club (1 year)
Stock Market Investor/Manager
3 Work experiences including: YMCA sports coach, camp counselor, and caregiver to an elderly neighbor
Harvard Summer/Extension School Course in Macroeconomics (Grade: A-)
LOR: 10/10 (both of the teachers that wrote it love me and know me very well)
Essays: maybe average of 8/10 (I think they’re good but in my UW one, I talked about money a little too much)

Hoping for some good news today and good luck to everyone!

If you scroll down in myUW are you able to add the tiles with the + “Add to Home”?

When you log into MyUW, locate the search window and type registration. Does your window read: app not accessible until you accept your admission decision?

Where is the search window?

I have the new student tab but when I go to the magnifying glass and type registration, i hit the arrow to the right & nothing changes.

I don’t have the new student to do list but when i type registration in to the search box the only thing that comes up is abt voting

I have this option. What does it mean?

Ok go to the top left 3 lines and go to browse apps. Pick something related to being a student. I did that and got the message “you must accept your offer of admission “

1 Like

This seems crazy to me that UW would add admitted student functions before notifying of actual admission. Is this common for universities to do this for those who have gotten into other schools?

1 Like

Ok I tried to launch the SOAR app and it said I dont have access

i was able to log into the housing option

1 Like

georgia tech did this also! northeastern and purdue had little hints beforehand

1 Like

Click on the + (you can expand the list of available tiles to add). Is New Student ToDo List available when you click Load More at the bottom of the list?