University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Mines still there and it was there last night the first time I checked. I wouldn’t worry too much about the to do list. There where people who didn’t have it last release and got accepted

1 Like

Waiting is frustrating… but don’t change your mind about UW. My son is a freshman there and it is a magical place–he’s fallen in love with the school, the city–even under these strange circumstances… And while waiting is difficult, the wait is also a function of the fact that UW actually does holistic reads on applications, and I’m sure they were overwhelmed this year. Also, they did say “by Jan 31,” so… they aren’t really (all that) late…;). this year, everything is different, for every school–some have said, we can’t notify EA until mid-February… I hope you get good news–soon!

7 Likes

I certainly hope AOs aren’t doing holistic reads still today under the gun to make a decision. I’d rather they defer my kid than decide under pressure.

1 Like

We are in state & my son was accepted in December. He had the to do list & then it did disappear at some point. Probably depends on how often you check it - some may say there’s never disappeared but maybe they didn’t check it when it did. Good luck to you & everyone - I know this is a hard long wait & I have empathy for you all!

3 Likes

What time did the decisions come out on 12/15?

We got our email at 9:17 pm but the decisions were in the portal earlier - at least an hour or two earlier but I’m not sure what time - my son heard from a friend that he got in so we checked the portal quick & it said he was admitted before we received the email.

The first I heard was around 7:04. Thats when one of the group chats started blowing up

1 Like

EST or CST

Central standard time

it was cst

This is honestly very unprofessional. Delaying decisions of hard working, anxious students just because they want to wait and see who is the actual best of the best. People who applied EA applied that way for a reason, and this whole process is defeating the purpose. Making people freak out to the extent of attempting to hack the website to see their decision? Like seriously, Harvard was able to send out decisions faster than this. Plus it’s a Sunday before a school night, the least they could do is give us an approximate time.

9 Likes

Same and as a parent of a current OOS student at UW (with another wanting to go this Fall), I’m really disappointed. We had such a great experience with my older one. This go round has been handled horribly. The school is fantastic but the oversight for this process needed a lot more attention.

Some people have waited their whole lives to be a Badger and this whole issue is disrespectful to them and all they have worked for.

9 Likes

A simple Instagram post giving me a time would be incredibly stress relieving right now

8 Likes

While it’s frustrating to wait, I disagree that they are being unprofessional. The date has always been 1/31. If you weren’t ok with that, then maybe you or your child should have considered that when applying.

2 Likes

Exactly! Im not saying the school isn’t any less amazing, because it is or else this wouldn’t be as big of an issue, but its so severely nerve racking that its putting me off.

I think they meant it was unprofessional because some decisions came out when others didn’t. They also didn’t make any statement about and exact day and time for decisions to be released

2 Likes

They said BY 1/31 if they meant 1/31 at 11:59, they should have worded it differently and many others agree with that. Id be fine with waiting if it was worded as if it was going to be today, or even if they were more inclusive in the process.

2 Likes

:triumph: with all due respect this is a much different year where they were challenged with an increase in applications while being forced to use a thorough holistic approach. Personally I would MUCH rather they take their time to truly look at my dd’s essays, teacher recs, extra curriculars & community service info, especially since she was not able to take the ACT due to cancellations. I know it’s frustrating but the truth is we’re basically at their mercy & hopefully it will all be worth it within the next few hours. Hang in there everyone​:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Actually, the date was by the 31st. That means before the 31st, which they failed to do. It’s ridiculous for a school to use loose language and not provide updated timeframes even though they admitted a group of applicants six weeks ago. The date was by the 31st for those students too. It is not unexpected that kids would think their decisions were imminent based on the early date of the first release. Looking for a decision everyday for six weeks with no explanation is certainly not fomenting goodwill.

5 Likes